View Only

connect to sql server 2008r2

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
luiz kava's profile image
luiz kava posted 03-22-2019 17:32

Hi, I'm having a problem when I try to connect into database sql server 2008 r2.

When I click in the test connection, it throws bellow exception. I don't know why, because I've the jdbcdriver 4.2 in my lib path.

Error connecting to database [INTEGRO] :org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException:

Error occurred while trying to connect to the database

Error connecting to database: (using class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver)

The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed. ClientConnectionId:3c0fd375-5eb9-43d9-b6ac-8bd075f3ec49".

#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Pentaho
#Kettle
Johan Hammink's profile image
Johan Hammink

So the logging is telling you that Pentaho don't get an answer from your database. So can you ping to the database and is the database listining to the right port?

Data Conversion's profile image
Data Conversion

luiz kavaAre you still looking for help with this question?

luiz kava

Johan Hammink, when I try connect in this server using "telnet server port" it works very well, I can connect using SQL Server Management Studio as well...

luiz kava

Jill RossI'm looking yet

luiz kava

I solved changing the connection port to 1433, that was 2820 (I don't why , my client seems little bit crazy) , and in my connection I had to use sql server connection instead of  sql server (native) .