App Builder in Pentaho 8.1

• General
  • Development
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho
a a's profile image
a a posted 07-12-2018 08:17

Hi.

I saw the app buider it's not by default in Pentaho 8.0 but you can install from the marketplace.

But in Pentaho 8.1 it is not even available in the marketplace.

I made a plugin WAQE-EN - Jortilles  wich is based in app builder. So it does not work in 8.1

How to get it back? is any way / plan about it?

All plugins based on app builder will fail ?

#Pentaho
#Development
Dan Keeley's profile image
Dan Keeley

What happens if you download and install the app builder from 8.0? i'd have thought it would work.  I suspect this is just an out of date marketplace metadata.

There's lots of plugins that rely on app builder now, so i'd be astonished if they dropped it.

Pedro Alves's profile image
Pedro Alves

There was a emall issue with PDI that caused the App Builder not to work in 8.1.0.0.

In the meantime that was fixed in a service pack, that is only available on EE. But since this is so crucial to the community, we're working, as we speak, on a 8.1 CE specific build

a a's profile image
a a

Great to know!

Waiting for it

Marcello Pontes's profile image
Marcello Pontes
a a's profile image
a a

Great!

I'll test it ASAP and i'll let you know.

Dan Keeley's profile image
Dan Keeley

Did it work?

I notice the release notes do specifically say that sparkl isnt supported any more! Yipes!

Pentaho Upgrade - Pentaho Documentation

Now; Sparkl and App Builder - they are the same thing right?

Pedro Alves's profile image
Pedro Alves

Sparkl was renamed Pentaho App Builder due to some trademark issue.

The support wording is mostly a technicality that at the end of the day little difference makes. While the App Builder is not directly suppored, it's on our best interest to keep it fully functional, so we'll pay attention to it. And the artifacts it generates are ctools dashboards and KTRs, which are fully supported, so... There's that