Flash Storage​

View Only

Booted up Hitachi HUS 150 after sitting couple years and keep getting Alarm. 11/25/2020 10:33:10 00 HH9H00 Backend down[Unit#ERR](Unit-01) I have rebooted multiple times and it changes sometimes will say cable err.

• Flash Storage
  • Flash Storage
  • Storage
  • Hitachi Unified Storage HUS
DYLAN STEVENS's profile image
DYLAN STEVENS posted 11-25-2020 15:05

both disk units are green with no warnings or anything. Can anyone help?

#FlashStorage
#HitachiUnifiedStorageHUS
Roberto Seldner's profile image
Roberto Seldner

Sounds like you have a faulty SAS connection between controller 0 and unit 01. Possibly a cable not connected correctly, or a faulty cable. You should open a ticket if it is under HV's support.

DYLAN STEVENS

No longer under support. I have tried all different types combinations. I cant seem to find documentation on correct sas connections. Any idea?

Roberto Seldner

The "Connecting the SAS (ENC) Cables" section of the Installation User's Guide discusses cabling. But I am suggesting that you might either have a cable that isn't connected/seated properly, or the cable might be faulty. You can try swapping the cable with another one on the same system, while the power is off, and see if the problem follows the cable once you power back on.

DYLAN STEVENS

so i got it all up and working. We no longer have support on this as probably putting into a lab. Where can i get the management software?

William Jansen Van Nieuwenhuizen's profile image
William Jansen Van Nieuwenhuizen

you can typically manage it by directly accessing the SVP. IE going to the http addy of the SVP. Alternatively you can download them from support.hitachivantara.com

Roberto Seldner

The old midrange boxes do not have an SVP.

For management, you need Storage Navigator Modular 2. It's available for download here:

https://support.hitachivantara.com/en/user/answers/downloads/downloads-detail.html?d=Storage%20Navigator%20Modular%202&pptype=Software%20Version

Alternatively, if you can discover the system in HCS or HOPs, assuming you have that in your environment.

DYLAN STEVENS

i get access denied. I do not have hcs or know what hop is.

DYLAN STEVENS

DMEA001079: Cannot use this function for the specified device. i am getting this now. I was able to get ahold of some softgware. I am thinking to old of a version. any idea?

DYLAN STEVENS

Got it all up and working. Now saying batteries are failed. replaced them and still saying same thing. Getting voltage error which it was saying before.