Python executor missing libraries

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Victorien DELANGUE's profile image
Victorien DELANGUE posted 06-13-2019 04:06

Hello there, 

I want to use a Python executor script to run a cleaning algorithm in my ETL process. I already installed anaconda and all the libraries I need on my virtual machine running Linux but Pentaho keeps saying that I miss the libraries (pandas, numpy etc...) but I'm sure they are installed. I don't know what could be the pbm. Does somebody can help me ?

Thanks a lot.

Victorien

#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Pentaho
#Kettle
Stefano Mancino's profile image
Stefano Mancino

Hi Victorien,

I had the same exact problem, here is how I solved it:

1. Uninstall Anaconda
  2. Start again Anaconda installation and make sure to check option with "Add anaconda to my PATH environment variable". It sets automatically all necessary paths.
  3. Try to execute it again. In my case it worked

Please note that I'm still experiencing some issues with the new Python step, so I was able to execute only with older CPython step.

If you need more help please contact me.

Stefano Mancino

Victorien DELANGUE

Hello Stefano, 

Thank you for your answer. I tried to run the installation again but I'm on linux mint so no check box saying "add anaconda to my path environment variable" but I did conda config --set auto_activate_base True. I don;t know if it's the same thing as you describe ? Doing that it didn't work unfortunately. 

Cheers, 

Victorien

M Lentink's profile image
M Lentink

You may have multiple Python installations on your computer. Please check if the Python location Pentaho is referring to is the one where you have these packages installed.

Victorien DELANGUE

Hello M Lentink, 

Thanks for your answer, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with this python location but I just have one version of Python on my laptop. 

How do I map the python location with pentaho, how does pentaho know where to get python packages ? 

Thanks in advance, 

Victorien

Victorien DELANGUE

pastedimage_1

This is my user's configuration, does anaconda need to be in the Pentaho file?  

Sujeeth Shetty's profile image
Sujeeth Shetty

Hello,

I'm facing the same issue in my Windows 10 machine. I have reinstalled anaconda, manually set the PATH and made sure there is only one version of Python. Please let me know if you have a solution for this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sujeeth