• Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Terence Mothers's profile image
Terence Mothers posted 08-02-2019 07:48

Getting Started... 

New to Pentaho

Working on Windows 10, 64 bit 

java version "1.8.0_191"

Downloaded pdi-ce-8.3.0.0-371.zip unzipped into C:\Pentaho\data-integration

double click spoon.bat CMD runs but too quickly to see anything  -  then nothing...

run SpoonDebug.bat. ... affirmative to logging all the way 

run Spoon.bat 

Contents of SpoonDebug.bat

DEBUG: Using JAVA_HOME

DEBUG: _PENTAHO_JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_191DEBUG: _PENTAHO_JAVA=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_191\bin\java.exe

C:\Pentaho\data-integration>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_191\bin\java.exe" "-Xms1024m" "-Xmx2048m" "-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" "-Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2" "-Djava.library.path=libswt\win32" "-DKETTLE_HOME=" "-DKETTLE_REPOSITORY=" "-DKETTLE_USER=" "-DKETTLE_PASSWORD=" "-DKETTLE_PLUGIN_PACKAGES=" "-DKETTLE_LOG_SIZE_LIMIT=" "-DKETTLE_JNDI_ROOT=" -jar launcher\launcher.jar -lib ..\libswt\win32 /level:Debug

Error occurred during initialization of VMCould not reserve enough space for 2097152KB object heapJava HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

I'm Clueless.... Any idea what I should do?... as cant start any of the tools in data-integration

I should mention that report-designer works like a dream...

Terry

#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Kettle
#Pentaho
Terence Mothers's profile image
Terence Mothers

I had these issues but all it took was a visit to Java and download the remove old java tool and ran it

install java version 1.8.0_221

re point JAVA_HOME in the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System\advanced system settings\environment Vaiables. to the updated Java directory C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221

Run Spoon.bat

all is well in the world.