Pentaho Community edition vs EE

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Bharti Das's profile image
Bharti Das posted 04-10-2019 04:57

Hi All,

I wanted to know comparison between Pentaho Community edition and Enterprise edition?

How can we get support for community edition from Pentaho team?

#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Pentaho
#Kettle
Paulo Pires's profile image
Paulo Pires

Hi Bharti,

For the comparison between CE and EE you can look at https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/video/pentaho-community-edition-vs-enterprise-edition.html

Pentaho Community Edition Versus Pentaho Enterprise Edition | Hitachi Vantara

As for support in CE I think you have to purchase Services from the Global Delivery team.

Best regards

Bharti Das

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for the information,

May I know how to get in touch with Global delivery team to get Pentaho CE version 5.

Thanks,

Bharti.

Paulo Pires
Bharti Das

Thanks Paulo for quick response.

But my query bit different.

We already have PDI version 5.x. We have some ETL's written in PDI 5 which is from third party which we need to support.

We have not taken any product support from third party but wanted to know how can we get the support from Pentaho data Integration team in case we face any issue in product itself. Ex. product not working due to some other software conflicts.

I was using support connect available in Hitachi Vantara which is asking for product serial number which I don't know.

Screen shot below-

pastedimage_1

The PDI 5.x is open source so i am not sure how can we get product serial number.

Could you please guide in case you are aware?

Thanks in Advance,

Bharti.

Paulo Pires

You can see here the current supported versions (EE only):

Pentaho Product End of Life Policy – Pentaho Customer Support Portal 

CE versions don't have a serial number and are not supported, you can purchase Services to help you with your issues.

Check Pentaho Data Integration - Accelerate Data Pipeline | Hitachi Vantara and use the 'CONTACT US' button.

Or you could use this Community or the Pentaho Forum Pentaho Data Integration [Kettle] pending on the answers of others.

Best regards

Bharti Das

Thanks a lot Paulo!

It helped.