Network Attached Storage​

View Only

HNAS and AS400

• Network Attached Storage
  • Hitachi Network Attached Storage NAS
Data Conversion's profile image
Data Conversion posted 07-03-2019 08:32

Recently, we had a situation after migrating AS400 platform applications on HNAS.

HNAS shares were accessible only via SMB1 and enabling limit to SMB2/3 on HNAS stopped the share access.

We have contacted IBM for the same and IBM also assisted to configure the platform to support SMB2. However, on HNAS only SMB1 was working and SMB2&3 didn't.

Thereafter, we had opened the case with Hitachi and as per them AS400 is only supported via SMB1 on HNAS.

Is it the HNAS limitation?

We rolled back the entire migration post Hitachi comment because SMB1 doesn't falls under our AD compliance area.

Is there any possibility to address the issue in next upcoming firmware releases?#HNAS & AS400

#HitachiNetworkAttachedStorageNAS
Albert Hagopian's profile image
Albert Hagopian

This is somewhat coincidental that we just had a case where this exact topic was discussed. Please post your case reference herein so we can properly cross-reference. From your credentials, I can see that you are not from the same(recent) customer; therefore more correlation is necessary.

For the aforementioned customer, we do have an open RFE, currently unscheduled.

Simon Crosland

Gilbert Gerber

Data Conversion

Case Number: 01177279

Albert Hagopian's profile image
Albert Hagopian

Amandeep b Singh I would suggest routing this information to your local account team so that they can work with PM to prioritize the need.

On my part, I have updated the requisite defect with the pertinent information from this conversation.

Data Conversion

Thanks for the detail.