Executing job on carte server, path not found of downloaded files

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Federico Boldori's profile image
Federico Boldori posted 03-24-2020 17:58

Hi

i'm new to Pentaho Enviroment but i'm learning.

I have this job that download a json from the web and parse it to a transformation to load it on a mssql database.

On my local kettle env on windows 10 it's working without too much issue, but i can't make it work on a remote carte CentOS server: json input step on the transformation can't find the downloaded json.

At the JOB level i have an HTTP object that save a json files. Then the next trasformation failed becouse the input json step can't find the json files.

I've used in all the fields (on jobs and transfomrations) the relative path using the variable ${Internal.Entry.Current.Directory} to be sure that it would be evaluated differently on my windows environment or the remote carte linux server.

During the carte job exectution i can see that the file is been written to \\\tmp\<id>\file.json (and it esists on the filesystem on the linux machine) looking at the logs but seems that the transformation couldn't see it (error is  No file(s) specified! Stop processing.) but i have on the input step the path ${Internal.Entry.Current.Directory}\file.json

any hint??

thank you so much

#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Pentaho
#Kettle
Federico Boldori's profile image
Federico Boldori

Just an update:

i didn't realize that i had to change also the transformation execution from local to the carte remote server for my transformations that lives inside that job.

Now the file not found error is disappeared, but the transformation now seems to not even start.

From the job and transformation status view in Spoon i see that the transformation does not even execute and the job ends with no error. The only log i see in the transformation is this entry: "Dispatching started for transformation"

But then nothing else.