Pentaho

View Only

Pentaho server installation on an existing tomcat service

• Pentaho
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Server
Eric Rosales's profile image
Eric Rosales posted 06-05-2018 01:48

Hi...I'm new to pentaho...I will use it to build some dashboards and reports for an educational institution...I tried the EE and I really like it...I use the EE try-out for teaching purposes...but now as I need to deploy some solutions and due to public budget I will show the implementation of a BI solution using this platform... I already have a tomcat instance running and according to the Prepare Your Windows Environment for a Manual Installation - Pentaho Documentation  instructions the tomcat is inside the pentaho directory...but I already have one instance running..So, I want to install de Pentaho server inside my tomcat server instance...i.e. a manual installation of the BI-server version 8.1. So, I guess I have to copy pentaho files into ../tomcat/webapps directory...

Which files? what else do I need to do if I want to connect to a mysql instance?

Thanks,

#PentahoServer
#Pentaho
Johan Hammink's profile image
Johan Hammink

How I did it so change accordingly

1. My Tomcat is situated in c:\server\tomcat directory

Download the pentaho-server-manual-ce file

2. Change server.xml (..\tomcat\conf) if needed

3. Unzip pentaho-data.zip and pentaho-solution.zip in c:\server

4. Place pentaho.war andpentaho-style.war in ..\tomcat\webapps directory

5. Place database driver files in ..\tomcat\lib directory

Eric Rosales

Thanks for the help,

What do you mean "Change server.xml (..\tomcat\conf) if needed"

Should I change the port where pentaho will be running? which lines?

Thanks again

Johan Hammink

This is not necessary because you have already an existing tomcat environment. When not you can modify this file in order to change the port where tomcat is listining to

Eric Rosales

Thanks again for your answer...this is the issue...I'm running the tomcat service under xampp, so the port 8080 is where apache/tomcat page appears....so, I guess I should reconfigure the port for pentaho...Which xml file do I have to change?

Thanks again,

Johan Hammink

I am not familiar with xampp but I think it is not necessary to change xml files. To access Pentaho http://ipadres:8080/pentaho

Eric Rosales

Thanks again...unless you want to see what's going on the tomcat (localhost:8080/), then the server.xml file should be changed...to do so I found this Run bi-server in another port and address - Pentaho Community - Pentaho Wiki

Thanks again