Hitachi Content Platform​

View Only

How to run silent registration for multiple domains

• Object Storage
  • Hitachi Content Platform HCP
  • Hitachi Content Platform HCP Anywhere
ralf buschmann's profile image
ralf buschmann posted 05-16-2018 11:34

My customer has implemented a silent installation and now tries to run a silent registration. He put all necessary keys in the registry, only the "AWCliRegPreferredAuthProvider" key is empty. That seems to stop the silent registration with the following entry in the log file:

16-May 10:08:20 [INFO] [CNTRL] 0x1bf8 TryUnattendedRegistration: server and auth provider are not defined. Giving up.

With the reg keys identically configured, but setting "AttemptSilentRegistration" = 0, all popups during registration are correctly prefilled and it works.

When putting one domain, where a part of the users come from, in the key "AWCliRegPreferredAuthProvider", then it works also fine. But the customer has at least two domains!

Any idea how to configure this to run it successfully with "AttemptSilentRegistration" = 1 ?

Thx and regards

Ralf

#HitachiContentPlatformHCPAnywhere
#HitachiContentPlatformHCP
ralf buschmann

Hi,

Anyone any idea on that topic? Is it a bug? I need the option to put more than one AD domain in the reg key ""AWCliRegPreferredAuthProvider", if not silent registration fails for users coming from an AD domain that is not put in the reg key "AWCliRegPreferredAuthProvider"

Ralf

Joseph Wesley's profile image
Joseph Wesley

Ralf,

Please open a support issue for this and drive it from there.

Thanks,

-joe

ralf buschmann

Joseph,

it is a PoC, so I have no customer ID

BR Ralf

Rajiv Garg's profile image
Rajiv Garg

Ralf,

I am not sure you can put more than one AD domain in the REG key. 

You can open support calls for POC customers.  Please work with GSC.  Thanks.