View Only

Internal.Entry.Current.Directory change in PDI 8.1

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
David Martinez's profile image
David Martinez posted 10-01-2019 08:41

While running transformations with PDI 8.1, environment variable Internal.Entry.Current.Directory now returns parent's job path instead of current transformation path. Same Job executed in PDI 7 or 8.0 returns transformation file path.

Is it right? if it is, what's the right way to get current transformation path in PDI 8.1?

#Pentaho
#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Kettle
Winson Wang's profile image
Winson Wang

I test the transformatios with PDI 8.1, the follow pic is the result:WeChat Image_20191022113702WeChat Image_20191022113709

In addition, you can use the step "Get System Info" to get what system info you want.

WeChat Image_20191022113715

This is the step wiki : https://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/Get+System+Info

David Martinez

Hi Winson,

Thanks for your awnser.

This is not the behaviour I was talking about, I'll try to explain it with an example.

c:\tmp\job.kjb:

job

c:\tmp\TransformationDir\transformation.ktr

transformation

writelog step

If you run this Job in PDI 8.0 you get -> c:/tmp/TransformationDir

pdi8_0result

And running in PDI 8.1 -> c:/tmp

pdi8_1result

Winson Wang

You are right, ${Internal. Entry. Current. Directory} in version 8.1 is, indeed, to perform the job's path.However, versions 8.0, 8.2 and 8.3 are the path of job/Transformation where the variable is located

Winson Wang

so please do not use ${Internal. Entry. Current. Directory} in version 8.1

Winson Wang
David Martinez

Ok, thanks, We will try to upgrade machines to version 8.3

Davide Morano's profile image
Davide Morano

In the 9.0 we notice the same behavior of the 8.1, seems a regression, the Internal.Entry.Current.Directory assume (gran)parent job path instead of current

Marvin Horst's profile image
Marvin Horst

I've experienced this issue with 9.0 also. But, oddly, it was working for me in 8.1.0.0-365

SUPRIYA PRAMANIK's profile image
SUPRIYA PRAMANIK

${Internal. Entry. Current. Directory} in version 8.3.0.8-718 is not working as expected in sub jobs.It always replacing variable with hard coded path in server with master job pah and unable to find sub job after saving it.Any help please