Hitachi Content Platform​

Admin API Guide

• Object Storage
  • Hitachi Content Intelligence HCI
Jason Hardy's profile image
Jason Hardy posted 10-14-2018 20:11

Have we posted any of the API guides outside of the product?  I'd like to be able to reference the API's w/o having to have a running instance of HCI.

Thanks!

-Jason

#HitachiContentIntelligenceHCI
Jonathan Chinitz's profile image
Jonathan Chinitz

Kind of hard to exercise the API without someone listening....no external doc at the moment.

Jason Hardy's profile image
Jason Hardy

Agreed, just need to reference, not necessarily test.

Rebecca Thomson's profile image
Rebecca Thomson

Have you checked the Knowledge portal?

Content Intelligence - Hitachi Vantara Knowledge

Jonathan Chinitz

The Knowledge portal has the online help for admin, search and monitor. No API docs, however.

James Ash's profile image
James Ash

Jon,

For customers that are looking to integrate HCI's features with other in to other applications via API calls, what do you suggest we have them look at? Is it the Workflow documentation in the Knowledge portal? Or another document?

Jonathan Chinitz

If they want to replace the Admin UI or portions of it they need to use Admin APIs (workflows, pipelines, index collections, etc.). If they want to search, then they use the Search APIs, namely 'query'.

Matthew Hardman's profile image
Matthew Hardman

I know it's been a while since this topic happened, but I was just thinking. What if we posted the documentation to Github, and allowed for the community to suggest updates to the documentation as they used it? It might just open it up for some great input from the community and continual improvement for our documentation.

Jonathan Chinitz

The purpose of a shared repo like GitHub is to make edits. Not sure if a developer who is making edits hasn't already downloaded and installed the product, so they have access to the API already. If you are suggesting they recommend changes to the API well to do so would require them to use it first (presumably) which means they've downloaded it as well.