View Only

HNAS "Folder:" syntax when adding CIFS names to ADS

• Flash Storage
  • Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform VSP
  • Network Attached Storage
  • Hitachi Network Attached Storage NAS
Carl Noble's profile image
Carl Noble posted 06-04-2018 19:15

When adding HNAS CIFS names to ADS I get "No Such Object [1073741856]."  I have tried to specify the folder using many different syntax examples but I have not been able to successfully put the CIFS object in the correct container.  If I create the object first and click the box to "Overwrite name and change folder on ADS server." and don't populate the folder box it works but I would like to skip the step of first creating the object in ADS.  I've also found that I can skip the folder name and later go into ADS and move the object to the correct container but again I would like to avoid that extra step.

#HitachiVirtualStoragePlatformVSP
#HitachiNetworkAttachedStorageNAS
Simon Crosland's profile image
Simon Crosland

The cifs-name manual page which is accessible from the System Management Unit (SMU) GUI or the HNAS console explains the syntax that is expected:

cifs-name add -m ads [ -a <dc ipaddr> ] [ -f <folder> ]         [ -p <dns suffix> ] <name 1> ...                 where ...                 -f, --folder <folder>                     ADS directory folder to place new machine account in. Value                     may be either DNS-style ("suborg.midorg.toporg") or an RDN                     sequence ("ou=suborg,ou=midorg,ou=toporg"). Default is                     "cn=Computers".  The domain's base DN is automatically                     appended and may not be explicitly given. ...         cifs-name add -m ads -a 10.2.1.123 -f "ou=midorg, ou=toporg" ads-name2         cifs-name add -m ads -a 10.2.1.123 -f midorg.toporg my-ads-name3

If this is not working then I suggest that you open a support case so that we can help you investigate further.

Carl Noble's profile image
Carl Noble

That was what I needed.  Thanks Simon!