Hitachi Content Platform​

View Only

Unable to delete Device/Computer Backup

• Object Storage
  • Hitachi Content Platform HCP
  • Hitachi Content Platform HCP Anywhere
Data Conversion's profile image
Data Conversion posted 02-01-2019 14:34

I have transitioned through different computers and I now have a computer backup that cannot be deleted.  I understand that in order to remove the backup, the device needs to be unregistered.  However, it is not in my registered devices list.

Some background...  I was sent a new computer by IT. I never even powered it up because was the sent the wrong one.  So I personally did not register the computer with HCP-AW as a client. No idea if IT did it themselves.

I was then sent the proper computer and it had a different computer name than the last. I registered the new computer and noticed the other computer in the backups. So tried to remove the files.  The Delete button and menu items are either greyed out or do not show.

I'm wondering if this is a bug, or perhaps there is something else I should be doing.  Or maybe there is something that the IT admin can/needs to do.  If a bug and requires CS assistance, I will recommend that as well.  Our IT folks seem to not know what is going on and wanted to see about giving them some direction.

#HitachiContentPlatformHCPAnywhere
#HitachiContentPlatformHCP
Jonathan Chinitz's profile image
Jonathan Chinitz

Moral of the story: Take whatever IT gives you!

Data Conversion's profile image
Data Conversion

So based on the stunned silence, do I assume there is not some other user-level condition that needs to be met, thus this is  a bug?

Jaime Lim's profile image
Jaime Lim

Hi 

We used to have this issue which device backup parent folder can't be deleted. I have recently upgraded our HCP Anywhere to version 4.1.0 and it solved the issue.