Pentaho

View Only

Where I can get detailed demonstration videos on each Step? Do Pentaho provide tutorial kind of videos which describes each functionality in steps so that one can get aware of all the things quickly and start working on the project. If any one have answer

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Rajan Kshirsagar's profile image
Rajan Kshirsagar posted 06-11-2019 07:08

Where I can get detailed demonstration videos on each Step? Do Pentaho provide tutorial kind of videos which describes each functionality in steps so that one can get aware of all the things quickly and start working on the project. If any one have answer to this question then please let me know.

#Pentaho
#Kettle
#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
Ana Gonzalez's profile image
Ana Gonzalez

Short answer: no. There might be some videos spread out on some steps, and mostly not Pentaho official videos. With your Pentaho installation you have a directory called samples, where you can find examples on how to use a lot of steps, that you can just execute and edit (better if you work with a copy, not the original sample you might break if you play with it) I use them a lot to refresh my knowledge on how some steps that I don't use frecuently work.

And then there's the Packt Publishing books to learn how to work with PDI, I used the old edition and it was quite good to have a step by step tutorial.

Regards

Rajan Kshirsagar's profile image
Rajan Kshirsagar

Thanks Ana for your response. It is helpful. Do you have pdf of this book that you mentioned in your response- "And then there's the Packt Publishing books to learn how to work with PDI"

You specifically mentioned old edition so I would hope to get it from you. It would be great if you could email me on : mailto:rajankshirsagar@gmail.com

Ana Gonzalez's profile image
Ana Gonzalez

You can buy them in the Pack publishing web site, they frequently run offers, so you can easily find them for 10$ or even in especial occasions, for 5$.

Regards

Nuno Pereira's profile image
Nuno Pereira

You also have available the steps documentation which may be helpful too

https://help.pentaho.com/Documentation/8.2/Products/Data_Integration/Transformation_Step_Reference

Cheers