Pentaho

View Only

How to setup PDI ce on production environment on linux machine ?

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Shailesh Chile's profile image
Shailesh Chile posted 07-22-2021 08:51

I have installed PDI client 8.2 on my windows desktop and crated jobs. now want to deploy on production server and want to schedule it for run. My 1 scenario is we are getting files daily by email and by another tool will upload it into s3 and from there will load the data into data warehouse. 2 scenario is we want to migrate the data from transactional database to data warehouse by scheduling it on as per need.

What the production setup approach we should follow ?

Thanks in advance!

#Kettle
#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Pentaho
Ana Gonzalez's profile image
Ana Gonzalez

The installation is the same as with your desktop, you ensure you have Java 8 JDK, unzip and you're ready to roll. If you have added libraries (probably to connect to database), modified config files or added plugins in your PC you'll have to do the same in the server.

To program the execution of jobs you use calls to kitchen.sh with the .kjb file, you can schedule the execution using crontab in linux. To program the execution of transformations you use pan.sh

Shailesh Chile

Thanks Ana for your answer.

Meanwhile I have referred the document: https://help.pentaho.com/Documentation/8.2/Setup/Installation/Archive/Linux_Environment

and as per document, installed pentaho-server-ce-8.2.0.0-342.zip but not found either kitchen.sh or pan.sh !

As you answered, "The installation is the same as with your desktop" means is it the same PDI client 8.2 need to install ?

Ana Gonzalez's profile image
Ana Gonzalez

Yes, the server zip is for another setup (mainly to create dashboards, although it contains some things pertaining to Data Integration, but it's not necessary if you are only interested in the data integration part), if you only want to execute jobs and transformations you have created in your desktop, just unzip the same PDI client in the server, there you'll have the kitchen.sh and pan.sh scripts.

Shailesh Chile

Thank you so much Ana, you have cleared my all doubts..

It's working perfectly fine.

Shailesh Chile

@Delbert Davies​ Thanks for the stepwise explanation.