• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
maneesh m's profile image
maneesh m posted 02-22-2019 19:03

Hi,

I am using PDI 8.1.

I have a job with a few transformations. I am able to run it using Spoon.

But I would like to run it using Kettle.bat on a windows machine.

I have a powershell script as follows.

C:\IDEs\pdi-ce-8.1.0.0-365\data-integration\kitchen.bat /file="C:\Development\ETLs\FDCOI SolarWinds DCO\SolarWinds_To_DC.kjb"

I am seeing the following error.

Get Data From SolarWinds And Write To Csv - ERROR (version 8.1.0.0-365, build 8.1.0.0-365 from 2018-04-30 09.42.24 by buildguy) : Unable to run job SolarWinds_To_DCO. The Get Data From

SolarWinds And Write To Csv has an error. No repository defined!

Get Data From SolarWinds And Write To Csv - Error opening/validating the XML file '//Get_Data_From_SolarWinds_And_Write_To_Csv.ktr'!

Get Data From SolarWinds And Write To Csv - Unable to get VFS File object for filename '//Get_Data_From_SolarWinds_And_Write_To_Csv.ktr' : Could not find file with URI

"\\Get_Data_From_SolarWinds_And_Write_To_Csv.ktr" because it is a relative path, and no base URI was provided.

Get Data From SolarWinds And Write To Csv - Could not find file with URI "\\Get_Data_From_SolarWinds_And_Write_To_Csv.ktr" because it is a relative path, and no base URI was provided.

Get Data From SolarWinds And Write To Csv - Could not find file with URI "\\Get_Data_From_SolarWinds_And_Write_To_Csv.ktr" because it is a relative path, and no base URI was provided.

Get Data From SolarWinds And Write To Csv - ERROR (version 8.1.0.0-365, build 8.1.0.0-365 from 2018-04-30 09.42.24 by buildguy) : org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleException:

I also tried adding this to the powershell but did not work.

/rep="C:\Users\8061\.kettle\repositories.xml"

Is there some parameter I need to pass to Kettle so that it understands the relative paths?

#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Pentaho
#Kettle
Ravikumar Kamma's profile image
Ravikumar Kamma

It seems it is not able to read the transformation.

Place your root job and all transformation in the same folder and Try by giving filename like this.

${Internal.Entry.Current.Directory}/<filename>

If this is not a problem then please provide more information.

~Ravik

Sparkles Sparkles's profile image
Sparkles Sparkles

I heard some comments version 8.1 got bugs related to variables. I'd stay away from that version.

Hattori Hanzo's profile image
Hattori Hanzo

Hi maneesh. Did you check that your bi server is running meanwhile you are trying to run the job via kettle.bat ?

maneesh m's profile image
maneesh m

I updated the paths to the transformations in the steps in the job using ${Internal.Entry.Current.Directory}/<filename> and I was able to run the job.