Flash Storage​

View Only

I have a couple of questions relating to an issue I have with a HUS 130 DF600 Controller.

• Flash Storage
  • Flash Storage
  • Storage
  • Hitachi Unified Storage HUS
Infrastructre The Big Word's profile image
Infrastructre The Big Word posted 10-03-2019 15:27

We have 2 and one is working perfectly well. However the second is showing a failure code of W01200. It is attached to a switch. I can see it in the settings form it's IP settings etc. I can even ping it remotely. However I cannot attach to it when I do a scan. I know the IP address to be correct.

This system has been in this state for some time. How do I bring the controller back into the 'fold' please? Can I connect to the console [port as opposed to the management port?

Also the revision level of the firmware is somewhat old 0984/A-S I do not seem to be able to upgrade the firmware with the controller in this state. I have downloaded the latest firmware from the Hitachi support site (20190606-01_V88D_DF850.zip) but it says it cannot install whilst there is a controller in a detached state.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Many Thanks

Paul

#FlashStorage
#HitachiUnifiedStorageHUS
Roberto Seldner's profile image
Roberto Seldner

Is W01200 the only message displayed in the console? It's sometimes accompanied by another message code. Navigate to the either CTL IP in a browser to check. Which LEDs are lit on the chassis and the controller itself?

If this is under HV's support, open a ticket.  The CTL may simply need to be replaced.

Infrastructre The Big Word's profile image
Infrastructre The Big Word

Hi Roberto,

The controller that is displaying detached has an amber and red light lit on it... doesn't look good. I had one drive that has been trying to rebuild since a week or so ago and it has only done 5%. There was also another drive in the logs that there were alerts about. I have tried to replace these drives with a vendor supplied equivalents... not my choice but they are NOT Hitachi drives... does Hitachi put specific firmware on their drives for environmental measurements and SMART etc?

Unfortunately I have pressed the little button on the faulty controller (LEDs were on before this) Which has now caused the Web interface to lose connection to the array.... and even putting the original drives back in they do not now spin up or become ready.

What is the correct power cycle procedure for this system should I need to do so please.The only thing I haven't done. I have all the manuals but it doesn't seem to give a process for that??