View Only

PDI 9.0 No MongoInput

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Tony Bartolucci's profile image
Tony Bartolucci posted 02-17-2020 21:30

I'm trying to find where the MongoInput step is? Its not under inputs or big data??

#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Pentaho
#Kettle
Stephen Rich's profile image
Stephen Rich

Are you running JDK 1.8 and do you have that set to your PENTAHO_JAVA_HOME directory. I was surprised to see how many plugins do not show up without the correct java version.

Tony Bartolucci's profile image
Tony Bartolucci

I am - but still no luck. I've tried both

export PENTAHO_JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/adoptopenjdk-13.0.2.jdk/Contents/Home export PENTAHO_JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_231.jdk/Contents/Home

There's still a fair amount of errors upon startup as well for some unknown reason...

ERROR: Error parsing system bundle export statement: org.osgi.dto;version="1.0",org.osgi.resource;version="1.0",org.osgi.resource.dto;version="1.... Messages,org.postgresql.geometric,org.apache.http.impl; version="4.4.11",org.postgresql.jre8.saslorg.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exported package names cannot be zero length.

Sujay G's profile image
Sujay G

I'm afraid even i'm not able to see MongoDB input steps in Pentaho DI 9, looks like pentaho is slowly becoming closed source to community rather than being open source. Same with the Big Data Connections.😣

Stephen Rich's profile image
Stephen Rich
I'm showing that it is available in the community edition. Make sure you are using the correct version of Java. This was causing problems for me. You need to use the older Java. I am using open jdk 1.8. Please try this and let me know.[image: image.png]