Pentaho

View Only

PDI CI Updates? Nightly Builds?  Anything since May 2018?

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Eric B's profile image
Eric B posted 11-24-2018 19:12

Hoping for some guidance.  I see Jira tickets are being actively logged.  I also see that the github is active with new loads.

Is there a nightly build or latest PDI other than sourceforge that I'm missing?  I'm hoping I don't have to pull the github repo and build it myself.  Is there an official build or nightly build that's been released since May 2018?

Any and all help is appreciated.

#Kettle
#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Pentaho
Ana Gonzalez's profile image
Ana Gonzalez

For CE there are no more oficial releases (8.2 is due soon, but there's no date yet). Maybe if you build it from github repository there are bug corrections. Let's hope there are no nasty bugs in the next 8.2 version such as the parameters fiasco in the 8.1

Dan Keeley's profile image
Dan Keeley

yeah it's a sad state of affairs. However there is salvation! try:

http://remix.kettle.be

This is the latest CE build (8.2 effectively I think) with a bunch of helpful extra plugins included as well.  It's automatically built nightly and kept up to date. 

If you want to know more about this, then join the kettle community slack.

Pedro Vale's profile image
Pedro Vale

Actually you can download the latest snapshot builds from nexus.pentaho.org (You can also download the latest nightlies but you'd have to guess the version numbers, so that's not very practical - working on a better way).

All the CE assemblies are published as artifacts on nexus so they can be requested as dependencies in maven or ant.

something like this (in ivy) for the pdi client should get you the latest snapshot:

<dependency org="org.pentaho.di" name="pdi-ce"

rev="9.0-SNAPSHOT" transitive="false" changing="true" conf='default->default'>

<artifact name="pdi-ce" type="zip" />

</dependency>

and for biserver

<dependency org="pentaho" name="pentaho-server-ce"

rev="9.0-SNAPSHOT" transitive="false" changing="true" conf='default->default'>

<artifact name="pentaho-server-ce" type="zip" />

</dependency>

similar stuff for maven.

Leo Breuss's profile image
Leo Breuss

I'm missing 8.3.0.0-371 pdi-ce on nexus.pentaho.org 

Sergio Ribeiro's profile image
Sergio Ribeiro

Hi @Leo Breuss​,

Looking for this?

https://nexus.pentaho.org/#browse/search=keyword%3D%22pdi-ce%22%20AND%20version%3D8.3.0.0-371

Regards,

Sérgio Ribeiro

Porto - Portugal