View Only

How to automate alerting / reporting on replication status

• Data Protection
  • Hitachi Universal Replicator HUR
  • Flash Storage
  • Flash Storage
Gary Matthews's profile image
Gary Matthews posted 03-06-2020 15:28

We're in the middle of setting up 3DC HUR , and after a fair bit of testing , turns out that replication manage doesnt support 3DC HUR. So I dug out the CCI manual and we're doing it command line.

This means we've lost the alerting capabilities of HCS . Anyone set up alerting from a cci managed system? I can set up a pairdisplay to a file but i'm no progeammer , anyone done this and then gone through scanning for PSUS/PSUE etc? Any scripts they'd be happy to share or any other approach you can recommend? We do use a combinationof Whats Up Gold and BMC to raise incidents in servicecenter , if anyones scripted something that could do that before , woudl love to have a look

tia

Cheers

#FlashStorage
#HitachiUniversalReplicatorHUR
John Organ's profile image
John Organ

Hi,

If you haven't found it already, you can use the pairevtwait command. (Check out the syntax in the CCI Command Reference Manual)

Use the -nowait option to report on the status of the PVOL

Use the -nowaits option to report on the status of the SVOL

Return Codes for when the -nowait option is specified: (PVOL Status)

■ 1: The status is SMPL.

■ 2: The status is COPY or RCPY.

■ 3: The status is PAIR.

■ 4: The status is PSUS.

■ 5: The status is PSUE.

■ Return Codes for when the -nowaits option is specified: (SVOL Status)

■ 1: The status is SMPL.

■ 2: The status is COPY or RCPY.

■ 3: The status is PAIR.

■ 4: The status is SSUS (Note that SVOL_PSUS appears as SSUS).

■ 5: The status is PSUE

I have used this in a clunky Windows Bat script before that sent the latest pairdisplay output file (as you have already done) as an email attachment when a certain return code was given from the pairevtwait command.