Looking to see if its possible to build a report

• Pentaho
  • Ctools
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Ben Lauderbaugh's profile image
Ben Lauderbaugh posted 10-01-2019 07:06

I am being tasked with building a report for our customer. The problem is the design they are looking for is above my experience level, so I'm hoping someone can help.

They want to see user logins and the duration they are logged in displayed as a bar spanning a time frame. I've attached a picture showing a mock up I was sent showing how they want it. the blue bar represents the logged in time frame and the numbers going across the top are the hours of the day.

The time fields are login_date, login_time, logout_date, logout_time, login_date_and_time, logout_date_and_time, and logged_in_duration.

I know my way around analyzer and a little bit of report designer so it could be in either or these tools.

Is this style of report or chart possible with these tools?

#Pentaho
#Ctools
#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Kettle
Paulo Pires's profile image
Paulo Pires

Hi Ben,

If you're willing to use other things than analyzer and report designer, this can be done with CTools using a table component.

Best regards

Ben Lauderbaugh's profile image
Ben Lauderbaugh

Are you talking about the CDE table component? That might be an option, I have worked with it a little in the past. Did they add the ability to export to PDF yet?

Also how do you set up the component to to show the horizontal bars? If you know of any samples, that would be extremely useful.

Thanks!

Paulo Pires's profile image
Paulo Pires

Yes and exporting to PDF is not available yet.

In your PUC go to Public\plugin-samples\CDE\CDE Reference\Addins and double click Addins Reference dashboard. Here you can see some pre-defined addins for the table component, the last one groupHeaders might be what you need for the first column.

Then you can check https://app-hds.jiveon.com/thread/13298-cde-table-component-how-to-color-cell-entirely to color the cells of the table.

Hope it helps