Pentaho

View Only

Stream Lookup

• Pentaho
  • Pentaho
suman kumar's profile image
suman kumar posted 07-23-2019 13:16

Hi Team,

I've just started to learn Pentaho.(Pentaho 8.2)

I am trying to get column from different database using stream lookup but unable to get value. I don't understand the problem.

I have date in Table Input(SQL Server) and format is yyyy/DD/mm.

I have Date (yyyy/DD/mm) and DateID in lookup table(Postgresql). I'm trying to get dateID for each date of table input on the basis of Date. 

I did all configuration fine from my understanding but still unable to get DateID. It is giving blank cell for DateID. If I try to fetch Date and DateID both then I get both blank from postgresql but value is in the table.

This is the date(OrderDate) column coming from source(SQL Server). (Image from SELECT Value)

pastedimage_1

This is the date and DateID is in lookup table(Postgresql). (Image from SELECT Value)

pastedimage_2

This is complete flow. Table input(SQL Server) and Table Input 2(Postgresql)

pastedimage_3

This is stream lookup

pastedimage_5

Here is current output.

pastedimage_6

all value is coming null but actually DateID exist for those date. I am not getting where the problem is.

Please help me to find the problem.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Suman

#Pentaho
Derek Wilson's profile image
Derek Wilson

Suman,

I suggest you provide a sample of the date fields from both table inputs as well as the data type.

Most likely there is a difference in either the date format, the data type or both between the date fields of the two tables.

Derek

suman kumar's profile image
suman kumar

Hi Darek,

Thanks for your response.

Later I created a table in the destination and used the lookup to get date id while having both tables in the destination and it was working fine.

but now I'm using database lookup instead of stream lookup.

Thanks