Pentaho

View Only

Is there a way to get long-term data from HDCA?

• Pentaho
  • Hitachi Data Center Analytics HDCA
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Data Conversion's profile image
Data Conversion posted 01-07-2019 16:09

I would very much like to be able to look at the capacity utilization trend (for example) on my arrays for more than 7 days at a time.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to see the trend line for the past year, but even a 30-day look-back would help.  Even if I have to extract the raw data and manipulate it manually, I could make that work, but the 7-day display that seems to be the maximum in HDCA really lacks context.  I've briefly looked at the custom reports and that seemed to also have a 7 day limit.  Has anyone found a way to get decent historical data in a report?

#Pentaho
#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#HitachiDataCenterAnalyticsHDCA
#Kettle
Ajay Dhiman's profile image
Ajay Dhiman

Its all depends on the settings in "app.db.purge.properties" file. You can change the settings as per the requirements to get historical data.

Data Conversion

Thanks for the help!

Maybe I misunderstand the purpose of the purge settings, but my app.db.purging.enabled is "false" with no values for the three different purges.  I can manually select a 7-day period going back to when I installed HIAA/HDCA several months ago.  What I want to be able to do is present a graph/report/raw data showing metrics over time.  Capacity utilization (for example) trended over 7 days is not very useful.

Sujay Muralidharan's profile image
Sujay Muralidharan

it is possible in custom reports

vi /usr/local/megha/conf/sys/server.ui.properties

ui.allowed.time.range.in.days=7 [change 7 to a larger number; e.g., 30]

max.datapointsToChart=1000000 [change 1000000 to a larger number; e.g., 100000000]

restart the server

Data Conversion

Worked like a champ, thank you!