View Only

How do I delete an HNAS virtual volume that contains data using CMD line

• Flash Storage
  • Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform VSP
  • Network Attached Storage
  • Hitachi Network Attached Storage NAS
Data Conversion's profile image
Data Conversion posted 06-29-2018 17:32

Cluster-1[EVS2]:$ virtual-volume remove --delete-contents DP_10K_EVS2 NDrive Error: unrecognized option: '--delete-contents'.

#HitachiNetworkAttachedStorageNAS
#HitachiVirtualStoragePlatformVSP
Albert Hagopian's profile image
Albert Hagopian

so I take it that the formate is:

virtual-volume remove --delete-contents DP_10K_EVS2 NDrive

where the filesystem is DP_10K_EVS2 and the ViVol is NDrive?

the format appears correct and I'm unsure why the error..you should open a case with diags so Hitachi Vantara GSC can help out.

Data Conversion

Thanks Al. Support told me that the ViVol NDrive cannot be deleted until it is emptied out first using "virtual-volume remove" command. So now trying to delete everything via a CIFS mount. Very time consuming and I run into permission issues I can't get past. Has to be another way!

I'm using the manager user when attempting the"virtual-volume remove" command. Should I be using a more powerful ID that I'm not aware of?

Simon Crosland's profile image
Simon Crosland

What version of code were you running?  The --delete-contents option was added to the command in HNAS OS 12.4.3924.02 which was released in July 2015.

Data Conversion

You found the issue Simon as we are on version 12.2.3753.08 

Thanks!

Albert Hagopian's profile image
Albert Hagopian

Hello Charles - wasn't it obvious in the man page on the version you are running that the "option" wasn't there? I would have thought that would have been your first stop?

Please contact the local Hitachi CSS District Manager so that an upgrade plan can be put together so that your system is upgraded to modern times.