View Only

HCP Anywhere User settings on Horizon instant clones

• Object Storage
  • Hitachi Content Platform HCP
  • Hitachi Content Platform HCP Anywhere
Stefan Schwiedel's profile image
Stefan Schwiedel posted 02-14-2018 10:15

Hi together,

I`m currently trying to get the HCP Anywhere fat client installed and configured on VMware Horizon instant clones (non persistent). I configured the folder redirection for the APPs folder but HCP Anywhere writes the configuration files to C:\Users\[username]\Apps\Local instead of Roaming which would be redirected to a share.

The result is, that the user have to configure HCP Anywhere each time he logs in to a new VM.

The second "Problem" is the location of the synchronization folder. It can`t be located on a Network folder (UNC Path or also connected Network folder) but I want to have it there to prevent persistent disks for each single user.

Does someone maybe have a solution for these problems?

=>Using the Webclient is no solution for that.<=

#HitachiContentPlatformHCPAnywhere
#HitachiContentPlatformHCP
Rajiv Garg's profile image
Rajiv Garg

Hi Stefan,

You have to setup the user as a roaming VDI user to have the settings stored in C:\Users\[username]\Apps\Roaming vs. Local. 

Name

For Persistent VDI / Desktop / Laptop (Default)

For Non-Persistent VDI (Use)

Description

AllowRoamingProfile

false

true

if true, use roaming for limited config (user/server/folder/etc.) data

Also, for roaming VDI (non-persistent) the AW folder stubs will be created everytime the user starts the VDI session.  The folder will not persist.  We do NOT allow network drives to be used for the AW folder, just local drives.

Also,  we have a new feature in AW 4.0 release called AW Edge, which will give you similar functionality as NAS network drives using SMB mounts and not having to use the AW client. 

Please let me know if you need more information.  Thanks. 

Wei Hwa Chan's profile image
Wei Hwa Chan

Hi Team,

Based on Rajiv's reply, we need to configure the user as a roaming VDI user. Anyone knows how and where can this be configured?

"You have to setup the user as a roaming VDI user to have the settings stored in C:\Users\[username]\Apps\Roaming vs. Local"