Pentaho

View Only

I am getting an ORA-28000 Account locked error

• Pentaho
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Server
Calvhin Sevilla's profile image
Calvhin Sevilla posted 05-17-2021 17:51

I am getting an ORA-28000 Account locked error when I try to work with CDE. Were connecting to Oracle.

We already tried to unlock the account that we are using to connect. We also tried to create a profile where it has unlimited password expiry but no luck.

#PentahoServer
#Pentaho
Sergio Ribeiro's profile image
Sergio Ribeiro

Hello @Calvhin Sevilla​,

ORA-28000 is normally triggered by trying out a wrong password many times.

Have you double checked the credentials being used? Is it possible that you have some other process using the wrong credentials?

Note that there're several other possibilities on Oracle side, namely some problems with the DBSNMP account (getting locked or out of sync) that may drive to problems like this...

Regards,

Sérgio Ribeiro

Porto - Portugal

Calvhin Sevilla's profile image
Calvhin Sevilla

Thank you @Sergio Ribeiro​  for the fast response.

The credential is correct and updated. In the manage data source, we can actually get a success message box when we test the connection and our Pentaho reports are working as well. Only on the CDE dashboard, we are getting the error.

Please note that we have implemented a multi-tenant architecture in our DB and the credential we use to connect is the correct account for that schema.

I also want to add that we are using the custom driver class name, do you think it has something to do with the error?

Here are the actual errors in Catalina.out

16:21:41,270 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] could not get database metadata java.sql.SQLException: ORA-28000: the account is locked

16:21:42,456 ERROR [SchemaUpdate] could not complete schema update java.sql.SQLException: ORA-28000: the account is locked 

Thank you so much!