Pentaho

View Only

BA Server 8.2 with Java 10

• Pentaho
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Server
Diego Salan's profile image
Diego Salan posted 02-26-2019 04:09

Hey folks, I recently upgraded from pentaho BA 7.0 to 8.2; on the previous version I had java 10 for BA due to compatibility with automated mails, on my new installation it runs with java 8 as default and I've been struggling to change it to java 10 but it gives me a bunch of errors. I'm guessing the path of the java needs to be set up at start-pentaho.sh, I have also changed the values for the environment variables at /etc/environment but it trows the exact same errors. Does anyone here had some related issue? Any help would be great...thanks.

Find attached the catalina.out with my last try, for what I had on my previous version (7.0) the apache.felix errors are mainly because PDI only support java 8, but not quite sure how to link the BA server to java 10, I have also made the  same test with java 11 getting the exact same results.

#Pentaho
#PentahoServer
Ana Gonzalez's profile image
Ana Gonzalez

Pentaho is not supported with Java 9 and above, it's strange it worked for you with Java 10 in Pentaho 7.1.

Regards

Diego Salan

Probably I did not explained myself correctly, I apologize if so. The issue we had at pentaho 7 was that BA server did worked with java 8 except the mail, it thrown errors such as it was not able to connect, digging into the issue we find out that the solution was to upgrade to java 10 and mail went good. On our current installation of Pentaho 8.2 we tried java8 as a default but the same scenario happened, cubes and dashboards worked just fine but mail, so we thought the solution was to upgrade java as we did in 7, unfortunately this time we're not even able to start the server with any version above 8 of java.  I've also tried to create a java class that sends a test mail, if I run it manually from console it works as expected, but at the time it runs through pentaho it crashes....find attached a couple of imgs of the log it generates with errors when we try to send a mail with the configuration of Pentaho (not the class I built).

whatsapp-image-2019-02-28-at-3whatsapp-image-2019-02-28-at-3

Thanks in advice Ana!

Diego Salan

it was a java certificate in java 8...

Data Conversion's profile image
Data Conversion
Attachment  View in library