Pentaho

View Only

REST API Put requests always return 403

• Pentaho
  • Pentaho
Neale Austin's profile image
Neale Austin posted 04-30-2019 07:30

Hi all,

I am working on a REST integration with Pentaho CE 8.1.0.0.365. For testing purposes I am using RESTLet Client plugin on Chrome, but ultimately I will be integrating using a Java program.

All the GET requests I make are successful (both through RESTLet and Java), but when using Basic Authentication with the Base64 encoded admin user and password I always get a 403 regardless of which PUT API I make a request to.

I really want to use the Data Sources APIs to upload a modified version of the Mondrian Schema, but as that is a bit more complex I simplified my test to using the add/remove user roles APIs. So now I know that the request structure is correct as I have copied/pasted from the examples in Hitachi Vantara's examples, but still I get a 403, and the role changes I requested are not made when i look in PUC.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Neale

#Pentaho
Dean Flinter's profile image
Dean Flinter

Error 403 suggests that the request is properly formed and credentials are correct but that this user does not have the appropriate permissions

I know you said it is for an admin account but perhaps double check the permissions