Flash Storage​

View Only

Cannot authorize Hitachi VSP Block Storage in HDID?

• Flash Storage
  • Flash Storage
  • Storage
  • Hitachi Data Instance Director HDID
ColtonCameron ColtonCameron's profile image
ColtonCameron ColtonCameron posted 06-09-2020 11:06
ColtonCameron ColtonCameron's profile image
ColtonCameron ColtonCameron

I have already configured the REPOSITORY server for Hitachi Block Storage. I've created administrator account "storeadmin" in VSP. I've also created administrator account "storeadmin" in REPOSITORY server. Speed Test Solitaire essay writer I installed and configured CCI in REPOSITORY server. I changed to allow "storedmin" to Physical Drives. I can access the VSP through RAIDCOM in REPOSITORY server. What did I miss?

James Peck's profile image
James Peck

@ColtonCameron ColtonCameron​ 

The repository is a different Ops Center Protector (HDID) entity to the Storage Proxy (sometimes called Intelligent Storage Manager or ISM).

First make sure you have setup prerequisites (described in the user guide).

The Storage Proxy is setup by adding a "Hitachi Block Device" Node. During the wizard for this you are asked to specify which node is the Storage Proxy node and which directory to store the metadata in. Then it will ask for the storage serial number. The list for this serial number is generated based on what is accessible through CCI on the Storage Proxy node. You can at this point specify IP command device instead. There are more steps in the wizard such as login details for the array.

Setting this up will allow you to perform (orchestrate/automate) storage array based local and remote protection. With an App Protection License you can do this app aware.

Repository node is completely different form of protection. This provides a target for efficient backup and recovery to storage vendor agnostic capacity. It needs a backup license and Backup license gives you backup to repository, HCP and/or Amazon S3. It can also be app aware with the addition of app protection license.

Hope this helps.