Pentaho CE 8.2

• Pentaho
  • Kettle
  • Pentaho
  • Pentaho Data Integration PDI
Ravi Poruri's profile image
Ravi Poruri posted 12-06-2018 20:37

Hello,

Has anyone upgraded to Pentaho CE 8.2? Are there any issues/bugs either with the upgrade or the release itself?

Thanks

Ravi

#PentahoDataIntegrationPDI
#Pentaho
#Kettle
Ravi Poruri's profile image
Ravi Poruri

Hello,

FYI, I have noticed in CE 8.2 that the issue related to Excel zip bomb detected still exists.

This issue was fixed in version 8.1 as per this Jira ticket. [PDI-16942] When using the Excel Input Step an org.apache.poi.POIXMLException error can result if the compression ratio …   I have tested it out in 8.1 but this reappers in 8.2

Thanks

Ravi

Dan Keeley's profile image
Dan Keeley

that jira and the linked ones are all closed.

So i suspect you provide an example and raise another jira, otherwise nothing will happen.

Marco Cavalazzi's profile image
Marco Cavalazzi

It seems like with the 8.2 version the Wizard for creating a new CDE dashboard is working again.

Sergio Ribeiro's profile image
Sergio Ribeiro

Hello ravi.poruri@tibersoft.com,

In the issue [PDI-17586] Excel Input Step can't use VFS - Pentaho Platform Tracking a new Kettle property was introduced to control how to detect a Zip bomb - the code exists on the 8.2 branch since october 2018 (backported to 7.1 and 8.1 in november 2018).

The variable's name is 'KETTLE_ZIP_MIN_INFLATE_RATIO': the default value (that comes from the underlying framework) is '0.1' but you can change to the value you want.

Regards,

Sérgio Ribeiro

Porto - Portugal

Ai Nguyen's profile image
Ai Nguyen

Note: I am a newbie at PDI

We use MD5 checksum to detect changes (CDC) in the data source. This week, our monthly job created errors because the results are different in 8.2 from 8.1. Painful database recovery, and so on, was done. Did anyone encounter this problem? I did not find a discussion thread about this problem.

Please note that our real and 'internal' problem is that we don't have a testing environment. Suicide mission every month!

Brandon Jackson's profile image
Brandon Jackson

Oh yes.  There have been several checksum step related problems that are fairly recent.  They were resolved in some of the point releases.  The 8.1 and 8.2 there are new check boxes for compatibility mode.

Be sure to read the new docs on the step:

Add a Checksum - Pentaho Documentation

The issue I had at one time was this here, which has been fixed for a while now but sounds really familiar.  My database had to be recovered because of wrong checksums on a data vault.  This specific issue hit me [PDI-16944] SHA1 checksum provides same hash in 8.0 for different values - Pentaho Platform Tracking

Issue Navigator - Pentaho Platform Tracking