Pentaho

View Only

CDE dashboard editor won't load

• Pentaho
  • Ctools
  • Pentaho
Abigail Koelewyn's profile image
Abigail Koelewyn posted 02-07-2020 09:09

I've been having trouble loading CDE files in edit. We have this issue in some, but not all, of our pentaho environments, but haven't ever been able to get to the bottom of the issue. When I edit a CDE file the page doesn't ever load properly (only top row is displayed: new, save, etc.) and an error is displayed in the console. The only thing that works is the preview. I've tried restarting the service again & clearing my cache. Opening CDA files still works fine and the app is up, I can also open the CDE files, just edit doesn't load properly.

Error is on Pentaho user console 8.1.0.0.365:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getPropertyObject' of undefined

error

#Pentaho
#Ctools
Abigail Koelewyn

This was being caused by a .KTR file in our endpoints folder with a invalid name (both spaces and - ) once the file was deleted, and the service restarted the CDE editor loads as usual.

We managed to track this down via an error in the console.

MicrosoftTeams-image (2)

Duarte Cunha Leao's profile image
Duarte Cunha Leao

Hi, could you please create a bug issue at: https://jira.pentaho.com/projects/CDE ? Thanks!

Abigail Koelewyn

Hi @Duarte Leao​ sorry for the extreme delay but its been quite a year. I don't think I've got access to your Jira to raise a issue. The credentials I use for this site don't work.