General Discussion

View Only
  • 1.  Hitachi storage advisor embeded

Posted 01-18-2022 09:13
      |   view attached
    in the Hitachi storage advisor embeded could I change capacity from TiB to TB at main screeon or pool scren??
    thanks and regards
    Boris

• 2.  RE: Hitachi storage advisor embeded

Posted 01-19-2022 02:48
    Hello Boris

From Wikipedia: A tebibyte (TiB) is a unit of measurement in computers and similar electronic devices. Tebibytes hold 1024 gibibytes (GiB) or 1,099,511,627,776 bytes. Some people incorrectly call this number of bytes a terabyte, which is actually one trillion bytes, or 1000 gigabytes (GB).

The TiB in the interface shows it's the value to the power of 2(binary) vs something like TB which would be a byte value with base 10(decimal) numbering system.

There are browser based tools you might want to look at like tampermonkey ect that you use to either just change the text or convert the values to TB or GB vs TiB or GIB. Unfortunately I don't know of a way to change this in an application setting native to the array.

------------------------------
    William Jansen van Nieuwenhuizen
    Hitachi Vantara

• 3.  RE: Hitachi storage advisor embeded

Posted 01-24-2022 09:13
    got an answer  form Hitachi
    HSAe is very limited compared to HSA and other products, I'm not aware of any way to configure the units displayed on the front page.
    regrads
    Boris

Boris PIRC
    Systems Engineer
    S&T Slovenija d.d.

• 4.  RE: Hitachi storage advisor embeded

Posted 11-10-2022 05:01
      |   view attached
    Hi Boris, I have attached the Hitachi Storage Advisor Embedded guide for your perusal, which might be of help to you.

Prasenjit Chatterjee
    Test Engineer
    Hitachi Vantara