Flash Storage​

• 1.  Grouping of the volumes in Hitachi G series

Posted 22 days ago
    Hi,

I am looking for a concept where I can group multiple volumes in a single group and perform snapshot operation through the single action on a group level.
    A consistency group is there but it seems that it requires secondary site/array but we only want the operation to be performed without any secondary site.
    If someone can give me the pointer or document reference which I can refer.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Shubham Mathur [Designation]
    Systems Engineer
    Calsoft Pvt Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Grouping of the volumes in Hitachi G series

Posted 21 days ago
    Shubham --
    Consistency Groups exist for both remote replication (HUR, TC, and GAD) and in-system replication (HTI and SI).  Using a CTG with HTI will ensure that all of the snaps in the group are IO consistent.  To operate on a group via raidcom, you will want to look at snapshot groups and consistency groups.  The former allow you to operate on many volumes in a single command, the latter adds the IO consistency.  There is a section of the Thin Image reference guide (Chapter 4: Managing Thin Image Pairs) that is helpful.

John McDevitt
    Product Management - Executive
    Hitachi Vantara

• 3.  RE: Grouping of the volumes in Hitachi G series

Posted 18 days ago
    Hi John,

Thanks for the information, it helps to understand the feature. Can you please point the document or any online reference which give me the information of RestAPI which I can use to configure and perform the task related to it for consistency group and Thin Image.

Thanks

Shubham Mathur
    Systems Engineer
    Calsoft Pvt Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Grouping of the volumes in Hitachi G series

Posted 18 days ago
    Shubham,

Here's a link to the appropriate section of the REST  API reference guide:
    https://knowledge.hitachivantara.com/Documents/Storage/VSP_5000_Series/90-08-0x/REST_API_Reference_Guide/09_Managing_Thin_Image_pairs

Hope that helps!

John McDevitt
    Director, Infrastructure Product Management
    Hitachi Vantara