VMware Partner Leadership Summit 2017 which took place last month, concluded with awards ceremonies recognizing exemplary achievements in the VMware Partner ecosystem. Hitachi was singled out as the Innovation OEM partner, globally and in EMEA. The two awards recognise Hitachi's accomplishments in 2016, including unprecedented year-over-year revenue growth and continued integration between Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP) offerings and VMware vSphere, vSAN, vRealize and NSX solutions.
Hitachi’s unique integration with VMware through its Unified Compute Platform orchestration software layer has always been a key innovation from the very beginning of our OEM relationship. In 2016 Hitachi Data Systems announced enhanced integration with VMware Solutions with new support for VMware NSX, Docker Containers and enhanced VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes, which strengthens Converged and Hyperconverged Portfolios to Automate IT, improve security and enable application continuity. Hitachi also debuted all-flash versions of UCP 4000, UCP 4000E, UCP 2000 and UCP HC V240F and now offers all-flash configurations across its entire portfolio of converged and hyperconverged infrastructure platforms, to deliver powerful performance for enterprise applications and help customers move to an all-flash data center. Hitachi extended its OEM agreement to include VMware NSX for use with Hitachi Unified Compute Platform.
The justification for the Innovation OEM partner award from VMware can be summarized in the data sheet “Top 10 reasons to select Hitachi Unified Compute Platform for VMware vSphere”
The following are the key points. For more detail and customer use cases, please take the time to review the referenced data sheet.
1. Hitachi’s UCP Director and UCP Advisor orchestration software can plug into VMware vCenter for mouse-click simplicity for extending the cloud management capabilities.
2. UCP for VMware vSphere is a pre-engineered, validated, turnkey solution that is preconfigured at the factory and delivered to your site racked, cabled, and configured for fast deployment and rapid transition to the cloud.
3. Accelerate time to market by leveraging all the elements of a software-defined data center including VMware’s software –defined networking solution NSX. This integration helps automate SDN capabilities and improve security with VM-level firewalls.
4. Infrastructure flexibility satisfies the requirements of any VMware data center infrastructure from high-end block or file-based highly available, cost-effective storage products to converged and hyperconverged systems, to enterprise cloud solutions.
5. Industry leading performance dramatically increases the pace of innovation for the most demanding online transaction or data analytics application. In addition to all flash support, UCP for VMware vSphere is SAP certified. Hitachi enterprise-level solutions for SAP HANA enable 24/7, mission critical, in memory, HANA environments.
6. Significant economic benefits result from UCP’s product family architecture which consists of an economical open system that leverages modular building blocks for converged and hyperconverged infrastructures.A third party report by the Edison group shows significant TCA and TCO savings over comparable DIY and VCE configurations.
7. Reduce TCO for virtualization and cloud management through industry leading infrastructure orchestration technology which is fully integrated into the overall system. When used with cloud automation software such as vRealize Automation, UCP solutions enable cloud self-service and role based access functionality.
8. Protect current IT investment and modernize for future growth. UCP for VMware vShpere integrates and protects your current infrastructure investment while enabling you to expand as needed.
9. Create a software defined data center (SDDC) with enterprise grade storage, compute, network and software from Hitachi Data Systems and leading virtualization capabilities from VMware including VMware Virtual SAN and VMware NSX.
10. Optimize Business Continuity with UCP Director and VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager for automated disaster recovery and fast replication to move secondary copies to off-site recovery locations.
Digital transformation requires reliable infrastructure that can deliver cloud like economics and agility, with improved efficiency and simplified manageability. IT transformation requires a single solution that can modernize their core legacy applications while enabling them to bridge to innovative new cloud based solutions. The innovations in the partnership between VMware and Hitachi Data Systems will help businesses drive change and stay ahead of the competition. Unlike DIY or joint efforts by multiple compute, storage and networking vendors, Hitachi’s OEM relationship with VMware provides a major benefit in streamlining the acquisition, maintenance, and ongoing support for VMware vSphere solutions.