Hello HDS Community Members!
This week marks the HDS Community's second anniversary -- can you believe it’s already been two years since we launched? On behalf of the community team here at HDS, I’d like to thank all of you for your continued participation and support over the last two years. I’d also like to extend my sincerest thanks to all of our community moderators, Pioneers, and MVPs who have been instrumental in the success of this thriving community.
To celebrate this milestone, we thought it would be interesting (and fun) to have our community members share their HDS Community success stories that have occurred over the past two years. What’s considered a success story? In this case, it's an experience, person, or piece of content within the HDS Community that helped you solve a problem, gave you a great idea, or helped you in some way. It can also be how the HDS Community as a whole has contributed to your success. To give you some ideas, here are a few success story examples:
- A helpful and/or correct response to a question you asked in the HDS Community
- An insightful blog that sparked an idea or helped you solve a problem
- An existing question or document that answered a question you had
- An interesting discussion thread that you participated in or observed (such as an Office Hours event).
- A fellow community member who has become a helpful/valuable connection
- Your favorite area of the community (space or group)
How to Enter to Win a $100 Amazon Gift Card:
- This is probably obvious, but first and foremost, you need to be an HDS Community member. If you’re new here, you can still participate by joining and browsing our library of content.
- Leave a comment on this post sharing a few details about your success story and include a link to the content or community member you’re referring to (if applicable). Key components of your comment should be the following:
- What was helpful or insightful (People, Places, Content, or the Community as a whole)
- Why it was helpful or insightful
- Make sure your profile is complete with a valid name, company, and email address. We will need to be able to contact you via email in case you are a winner!
- This contest will be open for entries June 11, 2015 — June 30, 2015.
- We will enter each participant name into a database and select 5 winners at random using random.org on July 1, 2015 at 8:00am Pacific. Winners will be announced within this blog and notified via email.
- This contest is open internationally.
- Each winner in the drawing will be awarded a $100 Amazon gift card delivered via email.
- All participants will receive the "HDS Community 2nd Anniversary" Badge worth 500 points!
- Limit one entry per person. You can certainly share multiple success stories (we would love that), but only one response will count as an entry.
- You must have a complete profile. This means your full name, company name, and email address are included.
We can't wait to hear your success stories! Cheers to another great year ahead!