This Hitachi cloud solution for Oracle provides flexibility to deploy storage and compute resources based on your unique business requirements. This cloud solution features simple provisioning, chargeback/showback, and a centralized user interface using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Cloud Control 13c. Cloud Foundation provides reliability, high availability, scalability, and performance while processing small-scale to largescale Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) workloads. The database and application servers E-Business Suite run on Oracle VM 3.4.1. The operating system for the virtual machines is Oracle Linux 7.2. The Oracle E-Business Suite version is 12.2.6, which also includes Oracle Database 12c R1.
This provides rapid deployment of E-Business Suite applications from a basic configuration of a single node to a complex multi node application with Oracle RAC. The following are the highlights of this E-Business Suite solution:
- Single node E-Business Suite application and database for development and test environments
- Provision of Oracle RAC (including Cluster) database
- Provision of multi-node application tiers for production and user acceptance testing environments
- The ability to configure a load balancer in multi-node environments
- The ability to configure parallel concurrent processing
- Additional managed servers to support, based on instance sizing (small, medium, and large)
Achieve rapid provisioning of Oracle E-Business Suite using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c by leveraging deployment procedures with the following:
- A preconfigured database template, including gold images of grid home, database home, and database files
- 12.2.6 application templates uploaded to the Oracle Enterprise Manager software library Use Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c self service portal for provisioning a virtual machine as part of Oracle Virtual Machine services.
The provisioned Oracle E-Business Suite comprises the following:
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.6
- Oracle Database 126.96.36.199
- Applications DBA (AD) and Technology Stack (TXK) Delta 8 patchset
- Oracle Database October 2016 CPU patches
- Applications Technology Group (ATG) Rollup (RUP) 6 patch level
- Oracle WebTier 188.8.131.52
For more information, visit Reference Architecture here: https://www.hds.com/en-us/pdf/architecture-guide/hitachi-cloud-foundation-for-oracle-e-business-suite.pdf
This solution was jointly developed with Hitachi Consulting (HCC), and is restricted to Hitachi Consulting (HCC) sales only. For any questions, please touch base with the Oracle Solutions PM (UCPOraclePM@hds.com) team.