Virtual Volumes (VVol) promises to be the next big thing in the storage ecosystem due to its ability to immensely simplify storage management and drive up IT efficiency by leveraging the unique capabilities of different storage systems.
Hitachi VVol solutions simplify customers' cloud journey and extend the value of Hitachi's rich infrastructure solutions. The combination of vSphere Virtual Volumes policy based automation and the trusted, high-performance infrastructure solutions from Hitachi Data Systems provides the continuous infrastructure foundation customers can build upon with confidence.
HDS has engaged with VMware since very beginning to develop and support VVol construct in its storage systems.
"vSphere Virtual Volumes is a key solution for the software-defined data center," said Gaetan Castelein, Sr. Director of Product Management, Storage and Availability, VMware. "As more workloads are becoming virtualized, Hitachi's solutions with vSphere Virtual Volumes will play a strong role in helping customers realize the benefits of simplifying IT infrastructure through efficient storage technologies in the software-defined data center."
Early access program is now open for customers to sign up and provide feedback. Please register here or write to VMwareQuestions@hds.com for more details.
Recent Event : Joint VMware-HDS Webinar on "Delivering Simplified Scalable IT with VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes and Hitachi Storage" : April 15, 2015
By attending this webcast, you'll learn to:
- Simplify storage and VM administrative operations.
- Manage VM growth and drive greater data center efficiency with policy-based management.
- Deliver a zero worry, continuously available private/public cloud with rich data services.
- Paul Morrissey - Director, Product Management, Storage, Virtualization & Application, Hitachi Data Systems.
- Rawlinson Rivera - Principal Architect; Lead, Technical Marketing, Storage and Availability, VMware Inc.
Please click on link below for additional information and registration for the event -
Following are some of the collaterals for Hitachi storage for Virtual Volumes :
1. Press Release :
VMware PR for VVol GA - http://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed/VMware-Announces-General-Availability-of-VMware-vSphere-6,-VMware-Integrated-OpenStack-and-VMware-Virtual-SAN-6/1932989
2. Business Benefits Video : http://youtu.be/L6OxxAoLt-4
3. Technical Demo : Virtual Volumes with HDS
5. Web pages : HDS.com -> HDS: Hitachi Software-Defined Storage for VMware Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
6. Blog :
Paul Morrissey - Hitachi and VMware Virtual Volumes - Part 3
Paul Morrissey - Hitachi and VMware Virtual Volumes - Part 2
Paul Morrissey - Hitachi and VMware Virtual Volumes - Part 1
Hu Yoshida - Happy New Year 2015