News is the central place for you to see what's happening in the community.
The News page features a variety of streams created for you by your community manager, designed to direct you to content, people, and places that pertain directly to you. You'll also see your Following stream, any custom streams you have created, and the All Activity streams, which show recent activity from all over the community that you have permission to see. You can see these streams individually by clicking the link to a stream in the top navigation and scrolling down the page, or you can use the main News view to overview the latest items in each stream in a combined block view. Each block has a header that shows what stream the item came from.
Note: The News page responds to browser width by adjusting to fit all your streams, so your top navigation may differ slightly from browser to browser or from screen shots in this Help. For example, you may see your News subscription streams listed individually or collapsed into a drop-down menu.
You can pin any of the streams listed on your News page to either the News or Home button, depending on how your community manager has set up the main navigation ribbon in your community. Just click the pin icon from the desired stream's page. Now when you click Home or News from anywhere in the application, you'll be taken right to the page you pinned.
The News page also features a variety of tiles to help you find important people, places, and content quickly. The Trending Content and Trending People tiles are included by default, but may be removed by your community manager.
- News (top-level view)
- The News view aggregates and displays content posted in your News and Following streams. However, unlike your streams, the News page does not show content updates and comments in a stream view. Content that gets updated or interacted with is not bumped to the top of the News view. The News view shows only new things.
Content is pulled in and displayed in the News view in the order in which your streams are displayed to the right of News. Duplicated content is removed if it's already being pulled in from a higher-order stream. Content you've read (by clicking-through to it either from your desktop or a mobile version of Jive) will stay in News for 2 days before going away. Content you haven't yet read will stay for 10 days. Because the News streams are designed just for you, you won't see the same content pulled into the News view that others will see.
- News streams
- These are the streams you see listed to the right of News, or when you expand the menu under News. These streams are created and managed by your community manager or people with Manage News Streams permissions. Because these streams are designed just for you, you may not see the same News streams or the same content in them that others see. To learn more, be sure to read What Are News Streams?
- All Activity: Top & Trending stream
- Check out this stream to get a feel for what's happening right now.
- All Activity: Most Recent stream
- This stream shows you all community updates that you have permission to see as they are posted in real time. Scrolling through this stream can be useful for adding new people and content to your Following or custom streams.
- When you start following people, places, and content items, they are automatically added to this stream. Use this stream if you just want to check in throughout the day but not create a lot of custom streams. This stream is included for you by default, and you can add to or delete content, people, and places from it.
- Your custom streams
- If you've created any custom streams, you'll see those listed to the right of Following. Custom streams can be a great way to keep up with the content, people, and places that matter most to you in your community. Here are some examples of custom streams you might want to create for yourself.