Here is an overview of the HDS Community's search and browse features. And remember, as you interact and create content, the community will keep track of your interests and connections and recommend relevant content, people, and places.
- Search for something specific using keywords in the Spotlight Search:
- See how to use the Spotlight Search.
- View your History and Recently Viewed items:
- To see your browsing history, click the search icon, and then select History. To see your recently viewed items, click Show all my recently viewed content.
- Search for something within a Place:
- If you know something is saved in a specific place, you can limit your spotlight search to just that place. First, go to the place. Then, type your keyword into the search box and select Show: Only for [this Place].
- Search for someone's content:
- If you know someone authored a document or participated in a discussion but you can't remember any keywords from the discussion, go to the person's profile and click Content. From there, browse through their recent content creations, discussion comments, and so on, to find what you're looking for.
- Browse and filter Content, People, and Places:
Click Browse in the main navigation bar, or in the menu under your avatar, click Your Content or Your Places. Once you get there, use the left navigation to refine the results by how they relate to you. For more on filtering, see Browse and Filter People, Places, and Content.
- Bookmark useful content and look at your Bookmarks:
- You can bookmark any piece of content and then look at your most recent bookmarks later by clicking the Spotlight search at the top right and then Bookmarks. To browse through all of your bookmarks, click Show all my bookmarks. From there, you can see the bookmarks of others by clicking All in the left sidebar.
- Tag content to make it easier to find later:
- You can assign tags that act as keywords to existing or new content to describe it for people who might search for it later. You can even assign tags to a status update. To learn more about tagging, see Using Tags.
- Use your Recommendations:
- The HDS Community includes a powerful "genius" feature that analyzes your business relationships, expertise, and areas of interest based on your behavior in the community. It then uses that data to recommend relevant content, people, and places that you have not yet seen in the community. There are several places in the interface where you see your recommendations, but a quick way to see them is to navigate to People (in the top navigation) or to Your Places or Your Content (from the menu under your avatar). Then click Recommended in the left sidebar. To learn more about using recommendations, see Using Your Recommendations.
- Search in your language
Searches are performed across all supported languages of the Jive platform. When you search for something, however, the search engine first searches for results that match the language you have set in your Preferences on your profile page (click on your avatar and go to Preferences). If you do not have a language set there, the search engine will use the locale setting of your browser.