Blogs

Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentSurveys by Gartner,IDG, and Right scale in 2018 leave no doubt that cloud adoption is mainstream. Public cloud adoption led the way increasing to 92% in the Right Scale survey. The same survey showed that 81% having a multi-cloud strategy, leveraging almost 5 clouds on average. 51 percent have a Hybrid cloud strategy, combining public and private… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Nirvana Farhadi
Click to view contentLet’s face it, if you’re a financial services institution, your main business objectives are to generate revenue, grow your business, and be competitive in the market landscape. However, it would appear that most firms are getting caught up in the ever-increasing cost and resource burdens associated with the dramatic increase in regulatory… (Show more)
in Innovation Center
Caitlin Croft
Our Customer Success & Support Team are always working on providing our customers with tips and tricks that will help our customers with the Pentaho platform.   PDI Development and Lifecycle Management   A successful data integration (DI) project incorporates design elements for your DI solution to integrate and transform your data in a… (Show more)
in Pentaho
Sasan Moaveni
This week, Hitachi Vantara is joining long-time strategic partner Cisco at its annual Partner Summit in Las Vegas, #CiscoPS18. The two companies have worked together for decades, continuously producing innovations that are making data center modernization achievable for a wide range of businesses.   Market-leading networking solutions from Cisco,… (Show more)
in Innovation Center
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentFrom our friends at Merriam-Webster, the definition for “continuous” is: adjective con·tin·u·ous | \kən-ˈtin-yü-əs\ Marked by uninterrupted extension in space, time, or sequence //The batteries provide enough power for up to five hours of continuous use.// synonyms: continual, uninterrupted, unbroken, constant, ceaseless, incessant, steady,… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Jeff Chen
Click to view contentWith vSphere 6.7U1 and vSphere 6.5 P03 or later, the default VMware's multipating rule is set to round-robin for Hitachi VSP storage family. VMware Native Multipathing rules for Hitachi VSP now enabled by default in vSphere builds   By default, VMware's multipathing sends 1000 of IOs or 10MB of data down to a single path before switching to the… (Show more)
in Jeff Chen's Blog
Paul Morrissey
Click to view contentI often receive questions about programmatic options to manage Hitachi Storage Infrastructure as customers move to higher degrees of automation in their environment. We have many options in this area including CM REST APIs, UCP Advisor, VMware vRealize Orchestrator Connector and Hitachi Snapin adapter for Microsoft PowerShell. One that we probably… (Show more)
in Paul Morrissey's Blog
cchaffey
Click to view contentSFS is a worldwide leading supplier of mechanical fastening systems, assemblies, precision moulded parts and logistics solutions. A long-term customer, learn how SFS is using Hitachi solutions to support their production environment, build a cloud, protect their data and more…Hyperconverged “SFS and Hitachi Vantara have a long-standing partnership… (Show more)
in Hitachi Customer Voices
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentThis morning I saw four wild pigs in my front yard. My dogs were going crazy, but they opted to stay inside. Wild pigs are not a common sight in my suburban neighborhood. I took this as an optimistic sign since this is the end of the dog year and the beginning of the year of the pig.     According to Chinese astrology, 2019 is a great year for… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Paul Lewis
Click to view content  I live by one and only one fundamental rule of fairness: Calling Dibs.   Its quite possibly the most powerful word structure of human existence allowing for the immediately prioritized claim of goods.  The use of Dibs requires everyone else to gracefully bow out, tip their hat, and look for other opportunities to be the first.  Dibs overrules… (Show more)
in Paul Lewis's Blog
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentLately I have been focused on the operational aspects of data, how to prepare data for business out comes and less about the infrastructure that supports that data. As in all things, there needs to be a balance, so I am reviewing some of the innovations that we have made in our infrastructure portfolio which contribute to operational excellence.… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentMr. Toshiaki Higashihara, president and CEO of Hitachi, Ltd., opened our annual NEXT event last September speaking on Data and Innovation. He talked about this in terms of Lights and Shadow, the rewards and risks of the digital age. “The light gives us opportunity,” he said. “And we should not discount the shadow of cyber-attacks, and security and… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Shane Archiquette
Click to view contentWith the CES 2019 show now in the history books, if you didn't see or hear the expression 5G in every possible corner it would be a grand surprise.  5G everything seemed to be everywhere at CES with the Telecom operators pitching new services and capabilities from their networks for both business and consumer users such as connected cars,… (Show more)
in shane archiquette's Blog
Load more items