Blogs

Sean Siegmund
Ready to leverage the power of data within your organization? Hitachi Vantara and Cisco offer the technology leadership you need to manage, share and access data — quickly, flexibly and securely.   By Sean Siegmund - Applications and Converged Technical Advisor and Tim Darnell - Product Owner - UCP CI   Nearly every company recognizes the need to… (Show more)
in Hitachi Solutions for VMware
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentLast week I was in Istanbul to participate in the World Cities Congress Istanbul 2019, which was sponsored by the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality. I participated in two panels. One on Smart 4 Technologies and another on Smart Energy. Istanbul is a municipality of over 15 million in a country of 80 million. Istanbul is a megacity, which is… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Ken Wood
Click to view contentIntroducing Plug-in Machine Intelligence by Mark Hall and Ken Wood     Today, the need to swiftly operationalize machine learning based solutions to meet the challenges of businesses is more pressing than ever. The ability to create, deploy and scale a company’s business logic to quickly take advantage of opportunities or react to changes is… (Show more)
in Pentaho
Noah Schneider
Click to view contentWhy Streaming Data? Why Now? In the past 10 years, the data market has undergone a vast transformation, expanding far beyond traditional data integration and business intelligence involving the analysis of transactional data. One of the most important changes has been a huge growth in the data created by devices, vehicles, and other items… (Show more)
in Pentaho
Yanfang Yu
Click to view contentHitachi Organizational Alignment Workshop   Organizations identify goals that help them succeed, and then align teams to execute initiatives to realize those goals. Simple, right? Not always. New technologies and changing customer expectations are requiring many organizations to re-evaluate how they provide value to their customers and… (Show more)
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentSHARE 2019 is next week from March 10 – 15 in Phoenix, Arizona and should be very interesting this year because of all the enhancements that have become available in the z14 mainframe since July of 2017. The Motley Fool Reported that IBM Is enjoying the strongest mainframe cycle in Years. They reported that strong sales of mainframe systems have… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Ken Wood
Click to view contentBlog 1 of 2   I have a few pent up blogs that need to be written, but I’ve been waiting for a couple of Pentaho User Meeting speaking events to finish before I share them. I don’t want to "steal my own thunder" if you know what I mean.   I did start tweeting some thoughts the other day on one of these viewpoints – hidden results from machine… (Show more)
in Pentaho
Nick Winkworth
Click to view contentIn today’s hypercompetitive, fast-paced world, data is the lifeblood of your business. A new offering from Hitachi Vantara and Cisco can help you leverage this asset to make fact-based decisions and realize your top-level strategy.   Both the business and technology landscape have changed dramatically in recent years. Today’s data volume is huge… (Show more)
in Nick Winkworth's Blog
Hu Yoshida
Click to view contentTen years ago, in 2009, Cisco introduced the Unified Computing System (UCS), a data center server computer product line composed of computing hardware, virtualization support, switching fabric, storage, and management software. This was within a year of Oracle’s Database Machine, the first converged Infrastructure system with a single SKU which… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Dario Alves Junior
Click to view contentAfter much research I was able to run Pentaho Carte on Raspberry Pi3, it was necessary to customize the SWT library, adjust packages in the operating system and implement the Armi7 architecture in Pentaho.     We will have news soon   Pentaho PDI Kettle Carte on Raspberry Pi 3 - YouTube Running Pentaho Kettle PDI Carte on Raspberry Pi 3 -… (Show more)
in Pentaho
cchaffey
Click to view contentHitachi Vantara has been responsible for providing automobile manufacturer BMW Group with on-demand storage services since 2012. When the existing Hitachi storage was reaching end of life, the joint Hitachi and BMW Group team needed to upgrade to new hardware while safe-guarding production continuity. With the project impacting 12 sites in 8… (Show more)
in Hitachi Customer Voices
Yanfang Yu
Click to view contentThe financial services industry is finding intriguing new uses for artificial intelligence (AI). From reaching new customers in nontraditional places to fraud prevention to democratizing access to credit and financial products, AI is in position to influence future financial products and markets.   AI was the main topic of a future-focused panel… (Show more)
Jeff Chen
Click to view contentWith vSphere 6.7U1 and vSphere 6.5 P03 or later, the default VMware's multipating rule is set to round-robin for Hitachi VSP storage family. VMware Native Multipathing rules for Hitachi VSP now enabled by default in vSphere builds   By default, VMware's multipathing sends 1000 of IOs or 10MB of data down to a single path before switching to the… (Show more)
in Jeff Chen's Blog
Load more items