Blogs

Hu Yoshida
In my last blog post I commented on Hitachi Vantara’s selection as one of the “Coolest Business Analytics vendors”by CRN, Computer Reseller News, and expanded on Hitachi Vantara’s business analytics capabilities. CRN’s report positions business analysis tools at the top of the big data tools pyramid to derive insight and value from the… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Jon Chinitz
I am seeing more folks contributing plugins, whether they are pipeline stages or connectors. I have created a dedicated card on the Overview page that will list them all. To have your plugin automatically added tag the upload with the string "hci stage" (or "plugin", "stage", "connector").   Thanks for all your contributions and keep them coming!… (Show more)
in Hitachi Content Intelligence
Navaid Khan
From industry giants to bright startups, brands are frantic to deliver the best interactions with customers and to burn the churn. In other words, master the customer experience (CX). The frenzy for telcos is to morph from staunch utility companies trying to keep millions of customers happy into innovative, tuned-in service providers that keep… (Show more)
in Pentaho
Nitesh Taneja
The HCI characterization team has characterized email processing performance of HCI v1.1 and come up with a performance white paper documenting the results. The primary objectives of this white paper are to: Summarize HCI performance when processing the Enron data set in terms of objects/sec for various HCI configurations. Demonstrate that the… (Show more)
in Hitachi Content Intelligence
Dave Krenik
A 3-point shot is worth ~3.5 times more than a 2-point shot?  Data analysts in the dugout?  What the…. Is this the apocalypse?   To say that analytics has changed sport would be a gross understatement.  Professional teams are stocked with Master Data Scientists that dissect and cross reference every movement on the field and court.  Proof point: … (Show more)
in It's a Numbers Game
Koji Watanabe
Introduction Hitachi released “Hitachi Storage Plug-in for Containers” (HSPC) as storage adapter for Docker in November of 2017. I am going to introduce the details of these use cases in this post.   This article covers: Market trend of container technology Challenge of Container Overview of HSPC Use cases of HSPC   Trends on Container Market… (Show more)
in Koji Watanabe's Blog
Keith Roscarel
The Hitachi Visualisation Suite (HVS) Enables Video Aggregation at a mass scale.     Essentially, the solution includes the following components: Video Gateways are installed at multiple Public and Private organisations. These  can connect to most contemporary Video Management Systems (we are constantly expanding our connectors) Video Streams… (Show more)
in Keith Roscarel's Blog
Hu Yoshida
CRN, Computer Reseller News, a leading trade magazine, has named Hitachi Vantara as one of the 30 Coolest Business Analytics Vendors.This may be a surprise for many to see Hitachi Vantara, part of a 118 year old company with traditional values like Harmony (Wa), Sincerity (Makoto), and Pioneering Spirit (Kaitakusha-Seishin), in the middle of a… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Dinesh Singh
Next-generation hyperconverged Unified Compute Platform HC comes together with proven, award-winning object storage Hitachi Content Platform to deliver compelling solutions for enterprises with virtual desktop projects and with distributed computing needs at branch locations.   Highly available desktops –   Many businesses require virtualized… (Show more)
in Dinesh Singh's Blog
Jonathan Shafer
La Fondation TIMELAB Créée en 1886, la Fondation TIMELAB délivre deux des certifications horlogères les plus prestigieuses : le Poinçon de Genève et l’Observatoire Chronométrique +. Son Laboratoire Horloger propose à l’industrie horlogère en toute indépendance et neutralité des prestations de mesure des caractéristiques d'un mouvement ou d'une… (Show more)
in Jonathan Shafer's Blog
Jesse Zuckerman
One of the most heavily discussed topics in machine learning and data mining today is sentiment analysis. For the uninitiated, sentiment analysis is a goal to classify text as positive or negative based only on previously classified text. In this article, I will attempt to classify the sentiment of Twitter comments about a certain movie, based… (Show more)
in Pentaho
Nick Winkworth
  To paraphrase an old saying; “in IT, the only constant is change”. This is truer today than it has ever been.   Today’s IT departments are under pressure to accommodate the needs of new digital businesses, comply with new regulations and manage unprecedented volumes of data from sources they could not have dreamed of just a few years ago – and… (Show more)
in Nick Winkworth's Blog
Nick Winkworth
I expect most of you are familiar with “Alice in Wonderland”, the story of the little girl who goes down a rabbit hole to a place where magical drinks and foods allow her to grow large and shrink small.   You may remember that this was not the happiest experience for poor Alice.   Soon after she arrives, Alice discovers a tiny door to a… (Show more)
in Nick Winkworth's Blog
Load more items