Blogs

Russell Skingsley
According to a recent study conducted by IDC and Microsoft, Digital Transformation is expected to contribute more than US$1 trillion to Asia Pacific GDP in 2021. In today’s digitally-connected world, pressure on organizations to drive innovation and increase operational efficiencies grows. As many governments become advocates of this, IT leaders… (Show more)
in APAC CTO Notes
Diane Saucier
Financial institutions of all sizes are dealing with an ever-increasing volume of emails, instant messages, images, audio recordings, and other types of digital data and communication files. All of those files can be spread across business units and legacy systems, scattered around the globe in different languages and time zones. How can you make… (Show more)
in Diane Saucier's Blog
Dinesh Singh
Hitachi Vantara  Unified Compute Platform HC (UCP HC) hyperconverged systems, powered by industry-leading VMware vSAN software, has been around for over one and a half years. Here is a sampling of the most common questions .   1. Why Is UCP HC ready for prime-time? UCP HC has been successfully deployed in real-world, revenue-generating tier 1… (Show more)
in Dinesh Singh's Blog
Koji Watanabe
Introduction Hitachi released “Hitachi Storage Plug-in for Containers” (HSPC) as storage adapter for Docker in November of 2017. I am going to introduce the details of these use cases in this post.   This article covers: Market trend of container technology Challenge of Container Overview of HSPC Use cases of HSPC   Trends on Container Market… (Show more)
in Koji Watanabe's Blog
Koji Watanabe
Hitachi has delivered a software, which is Hitachi Infrastructure Analytics Advisor (HIAA).  HIAA delivers visualization, intelligence and automation to optimize infrastructure health while quickly identifying and troubleshooting performance issues. In my first post, I introduced a use case to determine and solve performance bottleneck in Hitachi… (Show more)
in VMware
Darius Zanganeh
One of the biggest pain points for Oracle DB customers is the licensing cost.  This is exasperated with todays high core count CPUs and virtualization on VMware.  Running an Oracle DB on VMware or any software based hypervisor is really a double edged sword. Oracle official support for the DB running in these environments is foggy and best… (Show more)
in Oracle
Darin Meyer
It was recently brought to my attention competitors were referencing our whitepaper, "Hitachi Content Platform Architecture Fundamentals", and spreading FUD as it relates to the resiliency of HCP. Below are two statements competitors are attempting to leverage against us with rebuttals for each:   Page 21, Flash Optimized Option, ‘G series…… (Show more)
in Hitachi Content Platform
Dave Krenik
  This was my first SAP Sapphire event and I will say that (even as a former Oracle person) I left impressed.  There are several impressions imbedded in my psyche from the event: Suits – lots of dark suits.  I’ve attended a number of tech events over the years and have not seen such a high proportion of attendees in suits.  Amazing – especially… (Show more)
in It's a Numbers Game
Caitlin Croft
I'm excited to spotlight one of our amazing employees, Sandra Wagner. She is part of our Customer Success & Support team dedicated to Pentaho and Analytics. You might also know her as The Goddess of Best Practices from the Support Portal. We want to make sure all customers who are using Pentaho know where to find helpful resources including… (Show more)
in Pentaho
Bill Schmarzo
Sometimes I write a blog because I’ve learned something new that I’m eager to share.  And sometimes I write a blog because we’ve just done something enlightening in one of my classes or client exercises.  But sometimes I write a blog because I don’t know anything about a topic, and writing a blog is the best way to force myself to learn what I… (Show more)
in Bill Schmarzo's Blog
Jigisha Pathak
          Use Hitachi Solution for Databases - Oracle XaaS Cloud Foundation to provide reliability, high availability, scalability, and performance while processing small to large Oracle workloads. This reference architecture is a validated cloud solution for Oracle Database 12c running on Oracle VM 3.4.4, with virtual machines using Oracle Linux… (Show more)
in Oracle
Jigisha Pathak
Use Hitachi Solution for Databases - Oracle XaaS Cloud Foundation to provide reliability, high availability, scalability, and performance while processing small to large Oracle workloads. This reference architecture is a validated cloud solution for Oracle Database 12c running on Oracle VM 3.4.4, with virtual machines using Oracle Linux 7.4.… (Show more)
in Oracle
Amol Bhoite
Authors: Libo Jiang, Prabin Bhandari, Amol Bhoite   Hitachi Solution for Oracle Real Application Clusters Database 12c is engineered, pre-configured, pre-tested, and qualified to provide predictable performance and the highest reliability in demanding, dynamic Oracle environments. This solution is validated to ensure consistent, predictable… (Show more)
in Oracle
Load more items