Blogs

Rich Vining
October 12, 2018   For the past few years, I have been expounding on the values of “modern data protection”, with modern referring to using storage-assisted snapshots and replication to reduce backup windows and enable much improved recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO).   It’s time now to start thinking beyond… (Show more)
in Rich Vining's Blog
Paul Lewis
  I would never wear sweatpants in the broad daylight, and I am baffled over the false syllogism of non like-minded “others”:   It could be the case that wearing sweatpants outside will increase the chance people will respect my fashion choices; I want it to be the case that wearing sweatpants in public increases the chance people will… (Show more)
in Paul Lewis's Blog
Hu Yoshida
Among the many announcements that were made at Hitachi Vantara’s NEXT 2018 event last month in San Diego, was the announcement of an enhanced converged and hyperconverged portfolio to help customers modernize their data centers as part of their digital transformation strategies. Hitachi Vantara is committed to providing customers of our IT… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Justin Ruiz
Join Rob Tiffany, Hitachi Vantara's CTO for the Lumada IoT Platform, as he explains that IoT Edge Gateways are comprised of numerous components that make southbound connections to devices, northbound connections to back-end systems and perform all kinds of tasks in between. When it comes to connecting to older devices, a variety of software… (Show more)
in Internet of Things
Bjorn Andersson
Accelerate with Data at the Center of New Approaches to Addressing Key Challenges By Bjorn Andersson, Senior Director, Global IoT Marketing at Hitachi Vantara   Manufacturing 4.0, the era of the 4th Industrial revolution with the promise of cyber-physical systems, is redefining industry boundaries and opening a new world of opportunities for… (Show more)
in Bjorn Andersson's Blog
CCHAFFEY
Missed NEXT 2018, but don’t want to miss out.  NEXT attendees heard from key Hitachi speakers and partners, but most importantly our customers.  Catch up on NEXT and our  customer stories, including: Nasdaq, SFS Group, Aldo, Dis-Chem, CERN, City of Las Vegas and many more.   Hear from Brian Householder talk about Hitachi Vantara customers… (Show more)
in Hitachi Customer Voices
Hu Yoshida
Hitachi Vantara’s NEXT 2018 event for customers and partners concluded last week. We show cased over 50 discrete solutions in our showcase, made 9 unique announcements and revealed some of the work that we are doing in our Research labs and Centers for Social Innovation. More importantly we had over 30 customer advocates share their digital… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Douglas Howatt
If you were at NEXT 2018 today, you would have started with this quiz: What makes these emerging technologies actually work: mobile, robotics, automation, virtual reality, blockchain, neural networks, 5G and few more?   Got it?   I’ll wait.   Yes! Data is what makes them work. The NEXT audience got it right, too. Renée McKaskle, Hitachi… (Show more)
in NEXT 2018
Douglas Howatt
By now you’re not surprised that we somehow squeezed several days of information into one more day. Think of it as data compression, if you’d like. Let’s see if I can give you the highlights of this day that concentrated on innovation with your data – which you’ll see by my clever repetition in the subheads. Breakfast Innovation Before the… (Show more)
in NEXT 2018
Daniel Knight
My colleague Diane Saucier recently discussed what a digital asset vault is and how it can be useful for financial institutions to leverage one to store, manage, and secure the avalanche of customer digital communication, from instant messages and emails to audio recordings and more. The Need for a Digital Asset Vault To move from data-access as… (Show more)
in Daniel Knight's Blog
Hu Yoshida
  At Hitachi Vantara’s NEXT 2018 event, this week in San Diego, we were fortunate to have Malcolm Gladwell as a keynote speaker. Malcolm Gladwell is a writer for The New Yorker and has published five books that have been on the Times bestselling list: Tipping Point, Blink, Outliers, What the Dog Saw, and David and Goliath. Malcolm’s books and… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Sara Davila
  Mesosphere has joined Hitachi Next 2018 as a Virtual Sponsor.   Mesosphere and Hitachi Vantara are committed partners in bringing customers the best in hybrid cloud innovations and together we are expanding the partnership to add full Kubernetes support of the Hitachi Enterprise Cloud Container Platform. To get a live demo of this powerful joint… (Show more)
in NEXT 2018
Load more items