Blogs

Nathan Moffitt
Reduce Risk, Improve Efficiency and Prepare for the Future with AI Operations  I like to write. Especially on topics I'm passionate about. Normally that means I write a page or 2 on a topic. Today though I'm trying something different. I'm digging in to provide a deeper look at how you can build a roadmap for an autonomous data center.   I'd… (Show more)
in Storage Systems
Carlos Vargas
In this series of blogs, we've been looking at the boundless data center: using VMware Cloud on AWS to extend your data services and applications to wherever they are needed.   Yes, it's about agility and mobility. But it's also about efficiency, availability, and stability. VMware Cloud, as a hybrid deployment with the Hitachi Vantara Unified… (Show more)
in Carlos Vargas's Blog
Hu Yoshida
  The future is full of social challenges that will drive a need for Social Innovation. Addressing this need will require collaboration across government, business, and non-profits. In order for these innovations to be sustainable, corporations will need to integrate Social Innovation into their business strategy so that profits are tied to… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Rich Vining
Hitachi Vantara today released Hitachi Data Instance Director (HDID) version 6.5. HDID has been helping hundreds of enterprises achieve higher levels of data and application availability by automating and orchestrating modern data protection technologies. As compared to traditional backup and recovery solutions, these ‘recovery copy services’… (Show more)
in Rich Vining's Blog
Neil Salamack
FACTS ABOUT DATA REDUCTION We’ve all heard the cliché, “If it sounds too good to be true, then it’s probably not true”.  In many situations this turns out to be the case, but I’m not writing this blog to throw shade at data reduction.  Actually, data reduction is an amalgamation of super useful technologies like compression and deduplication… (Show more)
in Storage Systems
Summer Matheson
As spring comes to an end and summer begins (pun intended, it’s my first blog!), exciting things are happening here at Hitachi Vantara! By now you are aware we just launched an all new VSP F & VSP G Series with models that are better than ever- but we aren’t done yet!   To kick off the summer vibes, imagine you’re on a beach vacation: a 5-star… (Show more)
in Summer Matheson's Blog
cchaffey
Curtin is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide in the prestigious Academic Ranking of World Universities 2017. As west Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university, they have one of Australia’s largest international student populations.   Learn more about how Curtin University’s Smart Campus will allow them to… (Show more)
in Hitachi Customer Voices
Mark Adams
Dear IT Executives,   These days you are being asked to do more and more than ever before.  Bring on more applications, faster.  Add more capacity to existing applications.  Deliver more performance. Do more analysis of data to unlock insights. Store more data types—block, file and object—that are being generated from more and more sources.  And… (Show more)
in mark adams's Blog
Tony Reid
European banks will need to have Open Banking APIs in place by January 2018. This whiteboard video explains how to enable your API platform and keep existing systems safe.   Open banking APIs have become a financial services industry hot topic, thanks to two regulatory decisions. The first is in the UK, where the Competition and Markets… (Show more)
in Innovation Center
Hu Yoshida
While the acronym IT stands for Information Technology and is synonymous with the data center, in reality the focus of IT has often been more on infrastructure since infrastructure represented the bulk of a data center’s capital and operational costs. Digital transformation and the need for more agile business outcomes requires the transformation… (Show more)
in Hu's Place
Paula Phipps
Business transformation is all about re-imagining customer experience, business processes, operations and business models. In extreme cases, entire industries are being disrupted. We’ve witnessed first-hand how digital giants Uber and Lyft have upset transportation, AirBnB has turned the hotel industry on its head and our retail experience is… (Show more)
in Paula Phipps' Blog
Load more items