AnsweredAssumed Answered

Steps to enable native MPIO in Windows Server 2012 R2 with an AMS1000

Question asked by Aubrey Truex on May 13, 2016
Latest reply on May 19, 2016 by Dang Luong

This week we upgraded a Server running MS Server 2008 R2 to MS Server 2012 R2.

MPIO was working before, but after the OS upgrade, the server cannot see AMS1000 LUNs. We use a fiber channel network to connect our servers/storage.

When I pull up the MPIO GUI, it can see my Hitachi DF600F device, but when I go to the Discover Multi-Paths tab, it does not display DF600F.

I found these instructions, https://community.hitachivantara.com/message/28592#28592?q=mpio windows server 2012, but since they don't match my situation, I'm stuck as to where to go from here.

I typed mpclaim -r -i -a "" to claim available LUNs, but with no result.

mpclaim -s -d returned no MPIO disks are present.

mpclaim -r -i -d is a possibility, but I don't know what vendor/product ID to use: (below is from online documentation)

For example, to add support for a device with Vendor="Vendor8 " and Product="Product16 ", use the following command:
mpclaim -r -i -d "Vendor8 Product16 "

We have a Brocade 425/825 HBA on a Dell PowerEdge R720 server. The Brocade software on our Server2012R2 server can see the WWNs on the AMS1000. It was already zoned before, so I don't think that is the problem. SNM2 has a setting for Windows 2003 OS in the host group. I hope that is not a limiting factor on getting this to work.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Aubrey

Outcomes