I'm researching the SSL setup for HCS 8 between web client and GUI management interface (without SSL, 'http://%:22015/DeviceManagerWebService/index.jsp'). As is with the HDS manuals, the implementation isn't obvious.
- HCS is installed on a single server
- HCS v8.1
- Using Microsoft AD Certificate Services to provide a cert
- Using both Storage Navigator and Storage Navigator 2
I'm looking at the workflow on page 4-10 of the admin guide (attached). It seems incredibly long-winded for what I want to achieve.
- Is that the correct workflow for what I need to achieve?
- The Common Component and Device Manager server are one and the same as I'm running on one server?
- I'm only interested in SSL for web GUI access, are there any implications for any other components by following this workflow, e.g. Tuning Mgr, Replication Mgr, etc?
Thanks in advance