AnsweredAssumed Answered

HCI Connector Plugin Not Running Through Test Steps

Question asked by Roguen Keller Employee on Mar 6, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 by Roguen Keller

Hi everyone,

I had created a connector plugin for HCI which crawls URLs and creates a document for every URL it finds on a page, including and excluding links based on configurable regular expressions, as well as following those links to a specified depth.

When I created the plugin I had established a debugging mode for a remote java application to connect to the testing harness on port 5903.  This all worked out well.  I finished my connector, tested it successfully, pushed my code up to GitHub for sharing.

Today I wanted to recored a video downloading and running that code, along with a write-up.  But I ran into a snag.  When I established my remote java connection to the test harness it would stop at my breakpoint in the constructor, but nowhere else in the code.  I can't figure out why.

Here is a recording of my session downloading the code and ultimately being unable to debug: HCI Connector Debug Issue

And here is a link to the Github repo for my example: GitHub - roguen/HCI-Java-Examples: Example Plugins (Connectors and Stages) for HCI built in Java

Thanks for your help!

Outcomes