AnsweredAssumed Answered

Powershell with HUS130

Question asked by Tim Adams on May 23, 2017

Hello,

We have a HUS130 system and I'm trying to write a Powershell script to query out the capacity and consumed capacity information, for either each DP Pool or volume. The overall goal is to monitor the usage status of our Hitachi SAN.

On our HUS management server (MS Server 2008 R2), I have a Hitachi Storage Snap-in for Windows PowerShell. From a document I read (Hitachi Storage Adapter for Microsoft Windows PowerShell User's Guide v06.0.0 https://support.hds.com/download/epcra/df822817.pdf ), I followed the doc and tried to add the subsystem first, but got an error:

C:\....\Hitachi\HiPSSnapin> Add-Subsystem -Controller0 $ip_address0 -Controller1 $ip_address1

Add-Subsystem : E240A009Failed to register the subsystem. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

At line:1 char:14

+ Add-Subsystem <<<<  -Controller0 192.168.**.** -Controller1 192.168.**.**

+ CategoryInfo    : InvalidOperation: (:) [Add-Subsystem], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : E240A009Failed to register the subsystem. Couldnot load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,

PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.,Hitachi.Storage.Management.Powershell.Admin.AddSubSystem

Did I do something wrong?

Is the Hitachi Storage Snap-in for Windows Powershell the same thing as Hitachi Adapter for Microsoft Powershell? Because by checking the Control Panel > Programs and Features, I don't see Hitachi Storage Adaptor for Microsoft®Windows PowerShell, which makes me think they are different things.

If they are not, how can I install the Hitachi Storage Adapter for MS Windows Powershell? Where can I find the installer?

Is there another way to export the capacity & usage of the SAN?

Thanks in advanced,

Tim.

Outcomes