AnsweredAssumed Answered

Map Component - Difference from CE 6 and CE 7/8?

Question asked by R L Magidson on Dec 21, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2018 by R L Magidson

Hello all

There are a couple of helpful mapping examples around to create pin maps and heat/density maps. With Pentaho CE/CTools v6, they use the NewMapComponent in the Custom components section. However, in CE/CTools v8 (and in v7) the mapping component is MapComponent inside the Standard components section.

I downloaded a working heat map example from v6 and uploaded it to my v8 environment and it works fine (even though there's no NewMapComponent any more). My issue is this: when I create a brand new version of that example in the v8 environment (with the MapComponent), copying and pasting all of the javascript and settings, it does not work. The message "Error processing component (mapAccidents)" is displayed. I don't have any clue as to what to change in my code.

I've attached the example at issue. If you upload this to your CE/CTools environment (v6, v7 or v8) it will work, but create a new CDE dashboard in CE/CTools v8 using the MapComponent and copy/paste the code and settings - it won't.

Can anyone help? What needs to change in order to create the heat map in the v8 environment? Starting with an existing (working) example is a nice shortcut, but impractical.

This is all done in Windows 10 with an out-of-the-box installation of Pentaho CE v6 and v8. The local log files do not show any error messages at all.

Thanks in advance for any help

-  Russell

Outcomes