AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to populate fields after Transformation Executor automatically?

Question asked by Gert Wieland on Jan 8, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2018 by Gert Wieland

I'm trying to use a sub (child) transformation, and then continue to edit the data stream in the parent transformation. Everything works, except I'm not able to pull the resulting columns automatically into any subsequent operator after the Transformation Exectutor (TE). Here's where I'm at:

Transformation.png

The child transformation simply pulls some data from a database. The parent transformation calls the child transformation and runs it for several databases (configured in the Data Grid operator). On top of the screenshot I put the configuration of the TE. When I rightclick and "preview" the TE, I get to see correct results. If I add columns in the child transformation, they show properly.

My problem is that I can't seem to get any operator (for example a simple select operator) to populate with the fields provided by the child operator. I read the TE wiki, but I've not been able to to figure it out. My goal is to simply add a "select" operator which populates the field list based on the fields from the child transformation (when clicking "Get fields to select").

I'd really appreciate some help, I've tried "everything" (except the right thing apparently )

Outcomes