AnsweredAssumed Answered

My account is in administrator role but I can't manage users and roles. Why?

Question asked by Matheus Figueiredo on Apr 18, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 19, 2018 by Matheus Figueiredo

I just can't figure out why I can't manage users and roles in my Pentaho BI Server installation (8.0.0.28). By manage, I mean create users and roles, assign roles to users, etc.

My user account is in administrator role, just like another guy which works with me. We both can see the administrator panel, but just with his account it's possible to make any changes. With my account, when I try to add users, I fill the dialog with username, password and confirmation, but when I click on OK nothing happens, no user is created. And while trying to add user in role, I click on user and in the role and in the arrow, but again nothing happens (no action, no error).

Looking in the logs, I noticed that for the actions done with my account, I get a 403 HTTP status code, while my friend gets response code is 200, as expected (for example, the request to pentaho/api/userroledao/createUser)

I asked him to drop my user and recreate it in the admin role, but problem persists, even after restarting the server.

I'm using CAS authentication, but I don't think it's a problem because it was working until some days ago, and CAS integration is running since more time.

Can anybody help me understand what happened to my account and how can I recover the authorization to manage users? I'm afraid the same can happen to my friend and we completely lost the capabilities to manage users in out environment.

Special thanks,

Matheus

Outcomes