By Marilyn Reed, Sr. Director, Infrastructure Platforms, Arrow Electronics
About 20 years ago, the big movie was The Matrix, Y2K was on the horizon and the United States Women’s Soccer Team won the World Cup. Also about 20 years ago (early 1999 to be exact) the enterprise computing division of Arrow Electronics joined forces with then Hitachi Data Systems, now Hitachi Vantara, to bring our partner community world-class enterprise storage – along with services and resources to market and sell these powerful solutions. Arrow Electronics has grown and expanded, reporting $26.81 billion in revenue in 2017. Our growth is due to our valuable supplier relationships like the one with Hitachi Vantara.
Our philosophy has always been:
- Recruit: Identify and partner with best-in-class sellers that deliver value to the end user.
- Activate: Quickly and systematically on-board new partners, so they are delivering performance on behalf of our strategic manufacturing partners like Hitachi.
- Grow: Build world-class enablement and business development programs that deliver incremental value to our partner community.
- Manage: Present new opportunities to these sellers enabling them to grow into new areas of business like IoT and Big Data.
How have we done this with Hitachi? We have grown our mutual business by partnering with the best and the brightest storage solution providers, and provided business tools, including:
- Leading enablement programs to get ahead of the technology curve and always drive the latest in Hitachi technology.
- Lucrative incentive programs that promote incremental growth.
- Business intelligence services to help uncover new opportunities.
- Financial services to help shorten sales cycles and close more profitable deals.
- Online tools that provide resources and tools to help you operate more efficiently.
In addition to conducting our traditional business together, Hitachi and Arrow share roots as Industrial Internet of Things leaders across the globe and will grow together as innovation partners in the IoT era. As Hitachi Vantara embarks on it’s second NEXT conference bringing together customers, prospects, delivery partners and solution partners, we look forward to participating as a Platinum Sponsor to further Hitachi Vantara’s goal of elevating innovation advantages by merging operational and informational experience as a data partner with unprecedented range and depth in data management. We look forward to seeing you in San Diego – look for us on the Solution Showcase floor as well as in a breakout with Aiden Mitchell on Wednesday at 3:00 pm (PST) entitled, “Power the Modern Enterprise With Edge Intelligence.”