AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMD Eradication and Certification

Question asked by Mike Wilcox on Nov 5, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 6, 2018 by Greg Loose

I have done a quick search of the forum and forgive me if there is info regarding my question somewhere and I missed it. I work for an ITAD company and we do onsite drive erasure for clients. One client we have has asked us to securely erase some Hitachi FMD's that they have. I have never seen one of these before, let alone know how to wipe it. I have done some research and know that Hitachi does have an data eradication certification, I've reached out to them at the certifications email and they pointed me towards a training email address for the USA. I emailed them twice and haven't gotten a response. I emailed the certifications address again and they said they would try to find someone to help me, and pointed me towards these forums along with local partners of Hitachi. I have two here locally that I've reached out to and now I'm asking this forum for help to lead me the right direction.

In a nutshell, I do need to wipe FMD's as soon as possible, I realize this may take some time though. I am willing to learn and my company is willing to become a partner if needed as well. I just can't find information on the path I need to take. The only information I have found online is that there was only one company in the USA that was certified to do this. I guess I'd like to be the other one.

Even if this process will take a long time I'd love to know the steps I'd need to take. With that information I can tell the client what needs to be done and how long it will take. Right now I don't have any answers to give them.

Thank you!

Outcomes